Job Requisition:Help Desk Operations Lead (NRC)
Leidos, Inc. is seeking qualified, creative, and customer-focused technical and non-technical personnel to provide Help Desk (HD) operations management support to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), located in Rockville, MD. They will be responsible as the HD/CSC Manager currently manage 15 agents in the operational delivery of HD services. The manager should have excellent communication skills and experience meeting with the customer to review status and future requirements. They should also have strong analytical skills for establishing metrics, identifying and resolving systemic failures, and determining weaknesses in documentation and requirements. They will serve as the primary HD interface to NRC/Leidos management and other service providers; attend various meetings. Duties may include coordinating cross-tier integration, establishing and managing internal operating level agreements (OLAs), periodic review/update of system documentation, monitoring of key performance indicators (KPI), and management of the HD KMDB. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products and services. Will need to conduct frequent inter-organizational and outside contact with customers in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects. Needs to be able to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult IT problems. Solutions can be creative, imaginative, thorough, and practicable, and consistent with organization objectives. Qualified candidates should be knowledgeable of the NRC organization, NRC operations, Remedy, MS Office Suite, AVAYA ACD/CMD, AVAYA Contact Analyzer; and other HD applicable tools specifically used to support any HD. Candidates must have past experience with running a help/service desk. Excellent analytical, organizational, follow-up, and follow-through skills preferred. Candidates must be comfortable with communicating with end users and providing status to Leidos and NRC representatives and able to take and execute direction on a tight schedule.
- Serve as the Help Desk (HD) Operations Lead; acting as primary point of contact for HD team.
- Supervise 15 HD agents. Serve as point of contact for all Help Desk inquiries.
- Backup to Help Desk Manager with day to day operations.
- Assist with monitoring and reviewing Help Desk staff performance.
- Assist with training and mentoring team members.
- Identify and manage the HD KMDB for team use.
- Work with team to create or update documentations including but not limited to How to & KBA’s.
- Assist end users with issues and questions via phone and/or email.
- Work on assigned projects or task.
- Develop statistics and reports from data provided from various tools and sources like Remedy
- Provide HD metrics status to Leidos and NRC customers.
- Primary HD POC to the NRC supporting OpCat, ResCat, and ProdCat categorizations implementations.
- Review tickets information to ensure SOPs are being followed and tickets are being properly documented/closed.
- Escalate any major issues in a timely manner.
- Provide guidance and assist other Help Desk staff with issues or questions.
- Attend customer and Leidos meetings as requested and scheduled.
- Provide HD Continual Service Improvement Initiatives.
- Troubleshoot HD Calls to completion.
- Update all required Remedy ticket, CMDB, and any other system information in an accurate, consistent, and timely manner.
- Support other HD services related tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 4-6 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
- 4 years Call Center/Help Desk leadership and management experience.
- Customer service skills.
- Experience working with Help Desks, with an emphasis on Call Center Operations.
- Experience supporting VMWare, Windows10, Active Directory, AVAYA, SharePoint, Service Catalog, Remedy, and end user computing support needs.
- This position requires being able to get or having a current NRC Public Trust or DOE security clearance.
This position is not eligible for telework; position will be based at the NRC HQ in Rockville, MD. Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, quickly, accurately, flexible, agile, and efficiently as part of a team to meet quick turnarounds and hard deadlines.
- Must be highly organized, proactive, and collaborative. Knowledge with other tools and techniques specific to this service area to efficiently conduct the transition of current data, information, and knowledge.
- Experience and knowledge of Win7, Win10, SharePoint, Service Catalog, MS Office Suite 2003-2013, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Google, Chrome, Remedy, Citrix, Cisco Systems VPN client, Blackberry Manager, Verizon air-card, Checkpoint, Java, McAfee, Symantec, Active Directory, Bomgar, and Remote Desktop HDI Certified.
- ITIL Foundations Level (or higher) Certification.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Customer Support1000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.