Job Requisition:Cyber Security Analyst
Leidos has a current job opportunity for a Cyber Security Analyst to become a member of the Network Assurance Team on the DISA GSM-O program supporting DISA Pacific in Honolulu, Hawaii.
Perform cyber threat intelligence analysis, correlate actionable security events, and conduct network traffic analysis using raw packet data, netflow, IDS, IPS and custom sensor output as it pertains to the cyber security of communications networks. Conduct vulnerability scanning of network assets utilizing DOD provided tools. Conduct cybersecurity audits of network assets. The Cyber Security Analyst will also participate in the coordination of resources during incident response efforts and C&A activities as required.
- Triage and analyze alerts from sensors across monitored networks.
- Conduct network forensics for malicious network activity.
- Provide incident and situational awareness reporting to subscribers of DISA cyber security services.
- Create and modify signatures and custom alerting logic based on adversary activity, vulnerabilities, and internal analysis.
- Implement active mitigations to prevent and/or contain nefarious activity.
- Assist with Certification and Accreditation (C&A) and Authorization and Assessment (A&A) processes and procedures.
- Perform Manual Reviews to ensure compliance with DOD Security Technical Implementation Guides and Security Requirements Guides (STIGs and SRGs).
- Conduct analysis of system components for vulnerabilities.
- BS degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience; additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE or equivalent) at start date.
- Demonstrated understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth and common security elements.
- Demonstrated commitment to training, self-study and maintaining proficiency in the technical cyber security domain.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data (e.g. Netflow, FPC), and other attack artifacts in support of incident investigations.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with vulnerability scanning solutions.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with the DOD Information Assurance Vulnerability Management program.
- Experience and proficiency with any of the following: Anti-Virus, HIPS, ID/PS, Full Packet Capture, Host-Based Forensics, Network Forensics, and RSA Security.
- Must have an active Secret clearance.
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth and common security elements.
- In-depth knowledge of architecture, engineering, and operations of at least one enterprise SIEM platform (e.g. Nitro/McAfee Enterprise Security Manager, ArcSight, QRadar, LogLogic, Splunk).
- Experience with malware analysis concepts and methods.
- Experience developing and deploying signatures (e.g. YARA, Snort, Suricata, HIPS).
- Understanding of Linux and basic Linux commands.
- Understanding of mobile technology and OS (i.e. Android, iOS, Windows).
- Understanding of VMware technology.
- Understanding of Unix and basic Unix commands.
- Advanced certifications such as SANS GIAC/GCIA/GCIH, CISSP or CASP and/or SIEM-specific training and certification.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.