Job Requisition:Electro-Mechanical Technician
The Marine Systems Group at Leidos currently has an opening for (2) Electro-Mechanical Technicians to work in our South San Diego location supporting our line of business manufacturing and testing Impressed Current Cathodic Protection (ICCP) system Anodes, Reference Cells and cabling for submarine, surface ship and offshore structures.
- Solder cable/connector assemblies
- Over-mold cable/connector assemblies with Polyurethane and other non-metallic compounds including various types of rubber and epoxy.
- Assemble sub-sea components utilizing two-part Polyurethane and epoxy adhesives.
- Document work performed including test data into job specific Work Control Packages.
- Perform continuity and Insulation Resistance tests on completed assemblies using electronic test equipment such as a voltmeter and Megohmmeter.
- Hydro-statically test completed products using on-site test equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent with 2 or more years of directly related experience.
- Read and understand assembly and detail drawings; follow written procedures and document actions performed while assembling components.
- Experience performing continuity and Insulation Resistance tests on completed assemblies using electronic test equipment such as a voltmeter, Megohmmeter and Hi-Pot.
- Ability to solder.
- Ability to mold Polyurethane cable assemblies.
- Ability to operate a transfer press for molding rubber and glass reinforced epoxy products.
- Have clear understanding of basic electrical principles
- Able to lift 50 lb. from ground level to waist high on a periodic basis.
- Prior experience fabricating sub-sea cable assemblies.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Technologist1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.