Job Requisition:HR Data Processing Specialist
Leidos has a career opportunity for an HR Data Processing Specialist-Workday in Oak Ridge, Tennessee. The HR Data Processing Specialist will support the Human Resource (HR) Services organization in the area of processing employee data changes in the Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) system. This role will also be responsible for maintaining the employee master files of all active and former Leidos employees. This position will have a strong focus on internal customer support and will require a high degree of attention to detail, confidentiality, and professional discretion due to the sensitivity of the records managed.
The Workday Processing Specialist will provide advanced Workday processing guidance to other internal service teams in the HR Services organization. The position will be responsible for entering both basic and complex transactions at the employee level into the Workday HCM system, including retroactive data changes. This role will also perform a quality control review of employee data transactions in Workday against the source documentation to ensure accurate data. The Specialist will be responding to requests for file reviews submitted by recruiters, hiring managers, and other internal customers, as well as supporting the Leidos population for employment verification requests that are outside the scope of the current external vendor. This position will work closely with investigators from the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) to assist with employee records checks, and will also be responsible for information gathering needed for unemployment claims administered by Leidos’ external vendor.
• Perform data entry of any Workday transactions where employees or managers are unable to complete them via Employee Self Service or Manager Self Service.
• Process personnel changes in Workday (i.e. employee transfers, promotions, salary, status and address changes, terminations, benefits enrollments, etc.) based on input from internal and external customers.
• Communicate effectively to internal and external customers regarding Workday transaction procedures.
• Review all data entry Workday transactions against source documents for accuracy.
• Responsible for ordering background verification requests for existing Leidos employees with third-party vendor for record completeness
• Assist in the maintenance and updates of employment files of Leidos employees, and ensure protection of all employee records
• Support unemployment claim administration by providing necessary, appropriate, and time-sensitive information to Leidos’ third party vendor
• Serve as the point of contact for employment and income verification requests that are outside the scope of the current external vendor.
• Prepare employment verification letters to social agencies, adoption agencies and others who cannot utilize third-party vendor verification
• Serve as a point of contact (POC) for Government Security Investigators file reviews and keep an accurate log for OPM audit purposes
• Interact with internal and external customers to open and close customer requests, using some judgment according to approved procedi juures.
• Research and resolve issues and requests with minimum supervision based on experience and judgment.
• Perform transaction “walk-throughs” in support of internal or external audit requests.
• Resolve missing or incorrect data issues by working with managers, employees, or HR POCs to ensure data integrity.
• Participate in information sharing with other HR Services staff, identifying trends and making recommendations for improvement.
• Work with VP of HR Services, Workplace Relations, Legal and others as assigned to provide additional documentation and information as it relates to master employment records or background verification data
• Position operates out of a shared services environment and, as such, requires a consistent on-site schedule and occasional after-hours support as needed or required
• Other duties as assigned.
• Extensive experience supporting internal customers in a specialized HR or equivalent capacity.
• Commitment to outstanding customer service, both internal and external.
• Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to make connections with customers in writing.
• Demonstrated skills utilizing business software applications (such as MS Office) as well as ability to learn new applications quickly
• Ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive information
• Ability to understand and complete complex retroactive processing.
• Ability to comprehend reports generated by HRIS/Workday that require research to isolate a problem; reach out to any affected department(s); and make any and all corrections within Workday.
• A minimum of a High School diploma coupled with 4+ years of general business experience or Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of general business experience.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:HR Operations3000Corporate
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.