Job Requisition:WAN Engineer
The Leidos Origin program provides IT services to a critical national client and is responsible for all facets of IT services for a user base of 2,000-3,000 staff and contractor personnel. We have global reach: over 100 locations within CONUS, and several locations outside CONUS. We are seeking a WAN / Network Engineer to support the architectural backbone of multiple systems and architectures.
The WAN Engineer has primary responsibility for planning, designing, and supporting the customer’s high availability network. The WAN Engineer must demonstrate in depth experience in LAN and WAN technologies and basic network engineering skills. Cloud services experience is a plus. The WAN Engineer will work closely with service providers, perform service provisioning including testing and turn-up of circuits, and troubleshoot circuit and routing issues.
- Establish and maintain the WAN baseline
- Based on customer requirements, develop internal WAN requirements to support the design and delivery of WAN services
- Define the WAN backbone(s), local access, cloud and premise architecture and services to support the architecture (both commercial and/or developed)
- Develop and implement transition strategies, plans, and processes for migrating from legacy TDM architecture to NCS architecture
- BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience preferred or experience in lieu of degree.
- Familiarity with basic network design, testing, installation, verification, and sustainment activities.
- Knowledge of ISR series routers is required.
- 5 years of more experience with LAN / WAN technologies, such as
- CISCO NCS and CPT platforms
- CISCO EPNM provisioning platform
- Knowledge in implementing different transport mechanisms such as Tunneling and Encryption.
- Understanding and implementing different routing protocols: OSPF, EIGRP
- Experience with configuration/troubleshooting GRE Tunnels, IPSEC, VRF, and pseudowires
- Experience in network and network security design where under general direction, manages the design, installation and support of LAN/WAN based networks and security components such as routers, switches and firewalls, datacenter equipment
- Experience is utilizing network monitoring systems such as Solarwinds, Kiwi Cat Tools
- Experience in resolving complex network and security issues where in-depth evaluation and analysis was required using SNMP based network monitoring platforms, LAN/WAN test equipment, and log analyzers.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, including experience in presenting material to senior Government officials and communicating and coordinating with other Government contractors and industry
- Physically capable to lift 25lbs.
- Ability to undergo and successfully complete a customer-mandated medical screening process to qualify for privileged access to Origin networks and systems
- Extensive experience with the ASR series routers
- Basic knowledge of MPLS traffic engineering
- Basic knowledge of BGP
- Basic knowledge of Metro-E (EPL and EVPL) configuration and testing.
- Experience with software defined networking
- Cloud systems experience (instance provisioning and use of SDN technologies)
- A Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)/ Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA) certification/ Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security) certification is highly desirable
- Experience with System Engineering (SE) of IT systems and services in accordance with Government and industry enterprise architectures, standards, policies, guidelines, and best practices.
- Experience integrating and consolidating IT systems and services over a common transport architecture.
Clearance: TS/SCI with Poly
You will be required to pass both a customer required and administered medical and physiological screening, as a condition of employment.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering1000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.