Job Requisition:Software Tester
The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation of Leidos is seeking a Software Tester who will be part of a test team with opportunities to test different products, such as databases, web applications, websites, charts, maps and reports. The testing will include both manual and automated testing in Bethesda, MD.
The candidate will provide testing support for all software applications tiers including front-end functional testing, middle-tier testing of web services and other APIs, and testing back end ETL and other data processes. In addition, the candidate is expected to perform regression and integration/acceptance testing in an agile development environment. Candidate may also participate in requirements reviews to provide feedback on requirements and to ensure that functional requirements are testable and adequately documented to drive the test process.
Key areas of responsibilities:
• Designing test strategies, test plans, and test cases from requirements, design documents and specifications
• Estimating test case writing and execution effort and keeping track of own progress
• Test case authoring and holding test case reviews with stakeholders
• Execution of test cases including functional, regression, performance, load and smoke tests for both web applications and database
• Reporting defects, tracking, validating and closing
• Recording test results and reporting them
• 508 compliance test execution and documentation
• Identifying regression test candidates for automation and automating those test cases
• Participation in daily scrum meetings and weekly test team meetings
• Participate in all phases of risk management assessments and software/hardware development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and test tools selection
• Install and configure recreations of software production environments to allow testing of software performance
• Install, maintain, or use software testing programs
Required Education and Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field) and 5+ years of related experience to include testing web development using .Net, HTML, CSS, SharePoint and content management systems. Additional 4 yrs of related experience considered in lieu of degree.
• Experience with SQL server and experience with writing and executing backend tests using SQL.
• Working knowledge of the software development lifecycle and Agile-Scrum development methodology
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance to get a Health and Human Services / Health Resources and Services Administration badge
• Experience in using TFS (Team Foundation Server)
• Experience in using JIRA
• Experience using Windows operating systems such as Windows 7 and 8
• Experience using VMware
• Experience with SharePoint 2010/2013
• Experience with 508 compliance testing
• Experience with Selenium and XPath
• Candidates with experience in creating and implementing automated tests will be given special consideration
• Experience working in public health and federal contracting
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance1000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.