Job Requisition:SCRUM Master (Master)
This role requires an experienced Agile Scrum Master to work in a Government IC environment. This role performs project management tasks to coordinate and prioritize user stories for implementation by team members. This position will assist in delivering the next generation technologies for our customer. The team will build and deliver new and innovative technologies. This position operates in an Agile development Lifecycle environment.
- Driving team sprint/release commitments
- Owning daily scrum stand up
- Coaching teams in agile practices/mindset
- Assisting the team with removing impediments
- Facilitating progress toward team goals
- Facilitating team agile events: Sprint Planning, Retro, Planning, etc
- Promoting and facilitating continuous team improvement (technical, interpersonal)
- Ensuring scrum practices are followed (Time Logging, Comments, WIP limits)
- Help team to focus on daily goals
- Regular and consistent communication and coordination with and between stakeholders and teams.
- Feature sizing, Velocity and Capacity Estimation
- Participation in team events: planning, scrums, demos, retrospectives
- Collaborating with Product Stakeholders to meet mission goals.
- Working with the Product Owner to create and define story Acceptance Criteria
- Provide DR support
- Commitment to continuous improvement of product, process and the team.
- They will be expected to be strong team contributors, be proactive in working tasks and resolving obstacles.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree and 12years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Experience providing technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Experience establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Domain and expert technical knowledge.
- Experience directing and controlling activities for a client, having overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical requirements are met.
- Experience interfacing with senior management and negotiating with clients on requirements and deliverables.
- Experience supervising others.
- TS/SCI with Poly required for Position
- List additional skills and experience that is “nice to have” but not required.
- -SAFe Agilist Certification
- -Scrum Alliance Scrum Master Certification (CSM)
- -Security+ Certification
- Project Management Skills
- -Jira collaboration tools experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering2000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.