Job Requisition:WIN-T Tactical Instructor
The Defense Group at Leidos is seeking a WIN-T Tactical Instructor to provide technical training and support to the Fort Bliss Signal Center of Excellence (FBSCoE).
Serves as primary Instructor & Developer under the general supervision of the FBSCoE commandant. This position will focus on the tactical aspect of US Army WIN-T communications but may be asked to teach any of the lower end CompTIA certifications to include ITF+, A+, Sec+, Net+. Provide guidance to supporting commands and coordinates with internal and external organizations to ensure completeness of training product. Maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge and skills required to execute all field service Technician tasks assigned
- Coordinate with Government customers to identify needs, develop specifications for content of courses, and implement training programs.
- Adapt training materials into system-specific curriculum to ensure the training program reflects application features.
- Develop course materials and determine appropriate training methods or activities.
- Update course documentation and user guides on a continuous basis to ensure relevance of system upgrades, evolving functionality, and lessons learned from system usage.
- Perform as primary instructor for CompTIA courses to include A+, Network+, and Security+ certification courses.
- Classroom set-up to support each individual class. All classrooms maintained in ready-state prior to the start of each day. Books, equipment and supplies are arranged properly for each student and establish an environment conducive to learning.
- Using the “train the trainer” curriculum, instruct participants in classroom lectures, labs, and coaching/tutoring to produce competent trainees for all operational aspects for the assigned C4ISR system.
- Test and evaluate participants to measure their learning progress and the effectiveness of training programs.
- Follow up to determine applicability of course material, including developing criteria for evaluating effectiveness of training activities.
- Prepare After Action Reports (AARs) detailing the training provided and course statistics including number of students, pass/fail ratio, and student end-of-course survey score.
- Participate in formal training and self-instruction / use on complimentary systems and protocols to increase the breadth of systems competency for training and fielding requirements.
- Continue education through self-study and other methods to maintain instructor certification status, as applicable
- Bachelors Degree and 4 years of relevant experience. 4 additional years of directly related experience may offset the degree requirements.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance.
- Must have WIN-T Networking , WIN-T INC2, IT Networking & Cisco Routing, Advanced Routing, WIN-T Inc1B/EOL, JNN, KG-175D, HCLOS, Combat Network Radios, and Virtualization (VM Ware) experience.
- Must have a detailed understanding of and experience with WIN-T/WAN systems.
- Must have classroom training experience.
- Any 2 certifications to include CCNA, A+, Security+, and Network+.
- Obtain and maintain a Pearson Vue Certified Proctor certification.
- Must be willing to gain more advanced certifications and expand the ability to teach further courses.
- Additional advanced certifications.
- Experience with the development, delivery, and revision of training courses/programs.
- Experience with commercial technical training.
- Experience with military training.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.