Job Requisition:Database Administrator
Leidos Defense Group has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, self-directed, Database Administrator (DBA) to support a newly awarded contract in Stuttgart, Germany. Are you interested in continuing your career in Europe in a mission focused environment? Leidos is working throughout the European theater to provide support to multiple customers for the Department of Defense. We are looking for experienced, innovative and motivated IT Specialists to support enablement US AFRICOM’s mission objectives.
This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization, US AFRICOM located OCONUS in Stuttgart, Germany. This position is required to travel OCONUS. The position also requires you to hold an active DoD Secret Clearance
As a Senior DBA, you are responsible for supporting database systems and applications on a geographically dispersed Enterprise network with multiple types of servers and server applications. You must have knowledge and experience in major relational database languages and applications, such as Microsoft Structured Query Language (SQL) Server. Responsible for database server administration functions supporting a global Active Directory infrastructure in a mixed environment. This role requires a strong technical foundation in database structure, configuration, installation, operation and maintenance. You must demonstrate the ability to pay keen attention to detail, possess a strong customer service orientation, and have the ability to work as part of a team. You will provide database administration (DBA) support services, to include Tier 2 level expertise, as well as the planning, implementation, and monitoring of patching services for physical and virtual solutions. You will be responsible for ,onitoring and maintaining databases. Additionally, you'll be performing requested changes, updates and modifications to database structure and data. You are responsible for ensuring technical modifications do not adversely affect database integrity, stability and system availability. Implementing solutions for database backup and recovery infrastructure. You may also provide work direction and guidance to others.
- BA/BS + 4 years recent specialized or AA/AS +6 years recent specialized or a major cert +8 years recent specialized or 10 years of recent specialized experience
- Must hold and maintain active DoD Secret Clearance
- Microsoft SQL certifications
- Able to communicate clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner.
- Able to work in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts.
- Experienced in interfacing with both client managers and system users.
- Provide database administration to include data backups, schema development and maintenance, and database/OS upgrades. Support to Operations and Exercises for Microsoft SQL databases.
- Provide remote support and/or travel to customer servers and sites as required.
- Possess and maintain current CompTIA Security + (IAT Level II or greater)
- TESA eligibility
• Oracle or Sybase certifications
• ITIL v3 – Foundation
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
• Automation using Microsoft PowerShell, VBScript, or batch files
• Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
• Experience working in VmWare ESXi environments
• Experience with network storage (SAN/NAS)
• Experience with enterprise backup solutions
• Understanding of Department of Defense Military standards
• Experience working with and supporting Cisco Routers and Switches
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.