Job Requisition:Network Unified Communications Administrator
Leidos Defense Group has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, self-directed, Network Unified Communications (UC) Administrator. Are you interested in continuing your career in Europe in a mission focused environment? We have established upcoming positions throughout the European theater supporting multiple customers for the Department of Defense on a newly awarded contract. We are looking for experienced, innovative and motivated IT Specialists to support enablement of AFRICOM's mission objectives.
This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization, US AFRICOM located OCONUS in Stuttgart, Germany. This position is required to travel OCONUS. You must also hold an active Top Secret/SCI Clearance.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining, analyzing, troubleshooting, repairing and supporting all networked Audio Visual (AV), Voice and Video over IP (VVoIP), Voice over IP (VoIP) and Video Teleconferencing (VTC) services to include hardware, software, network, and scheduling components necessary to deliver real-time voice and video communications.
- Configure and maintain Cisco Unified Communication Managers and infrastructure devices.
- Knowledge of Cisco Unified Communications (UC) solutions.
- Configuring devices in accordance with security policies.
- Monitoring capacity and utilization.
- Providing trending and capacity planning services to analyze and plan for efficient utilization and management of the networked services.
- Troubleshooting and correcting all detected or reported network faults or outages. Program switching fabric to enable control panel functionality IAW current architectures. Manage an enterprise VVoIP and VTC dial-plan.
- Providing AV programming and engineering.
- Performing local touch labor installing, removing, or replacing VoIP and Voice over Secure IP (VoSIP) end user devices.
- Troubleshooting end user devices to determine reason for outage and return to service.
- Performing account management functions.
- Ensuring that trouble ticket items are investigated and resolved and that necessary equipment repairs are performed and documented.
- Working with vendors, clients, carriers and technical staff on unified capabilities implementation, optimization and ongoing management and other duties as assigned.
- Providing assistance via remote access, phone, or in person.
- Possesses excellent problem-solving and customer service skills, as well as extensive experience with network hardware, software applications, operating systems and network connectivity.
- Must be customer service-oriented and proactive in anticipating and resolving problems while maximizing efficient use of resources.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and succinctly both written and orally, have strong leadership skills, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner.
- Required to work in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts.
- Must be experienced in interfacing with both client managers and system users.
- Implementing approved infrastructure engineering designs, builds, and deliver escalated support to services and products.
- Supporting network administration activities that span across multiple disciplines and platforms.
- Performing technical functions found in the service design domain and provide escalated support to incident management.
- Supporting engineering efforts to build, test, integrate, transition, implement, document, and train when transitioned to IT Operations Management.
- Analyzing and making recommendations for hardware and software standardization.
- Providing remote support and/or travel to customer sites as required.
- Must hold and maintain Top Secret/SCI Clearance
- BA/BS + 4 years or AA/AS +6 years or a major cert + 8 years recent specialized or 9 years of recent specialized experience
- CCNA – Collaboration Certification
- CompTIA Security + (IAT Level II or greater)
- Experience with Cisco Routers and Switches
- Experience with Video Teleconferencing (VTC) systems and networking
- TESA eligibility
- CCNP – Collaboration
- CCNP – R&S
- ITIL v3 – Foundation
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
- Understanding of Department of Defense Military standards
- Experience with DoD IT security requirements
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.