Job Requisition:Mechanical Engineer
The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Mechanical/Aerospace Engineer to work in our Bridgewater, VA office providing onsite support for multiple manned aerial platforms being delivered to OCONUS locations.
- Review and analyze requirements and use sound engineering principles to design and develop 3D CAD models and 2D drawings for production of various aircraft modifications.
- Implement drawing redlines using an established configuration management process.
- Document design requirements and decisions using certified AS9100D processes.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously using project management principles to prioritize work to meet performance, quality, and schedule objectives.
- Help develop/implement procedures to improve team performance and efficiency.
- Perform drawing/model reviews of fellow peers to ensure quality of work.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or related field with 5+ years of related mechanical engineering experience or Masters with less than 2-4 years of prior relevant experience; additional years of experience required in lieu of a degree.
- Certified SolidWorks Associate
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET Security Clearance.
- Experience using parametric 3D CAD software. Possible programs may include SolidWorks, Inventor, NX, Solid Edge, Creo, Pro/E, etc.
- Experience designing structural components and/or sheet metal products.
- Excellent oral, written, and visual presentation communication skills.
- Excellent conceptual visualization skills.
- Ability to access various areas of different aircraft types, which may involve kneeling, stooping, standing, and lifting weights.
- Strong knowledge in static/dynamic engineering mechanics
- Certified SolidWorks Professional.
- Experience using Rhinoceros 5 or other surface based modeling software.
- Experience with ISO9001 or AS9100 quality management processes.
- Experience designing for DoD customers.
- Knowledge of aircraft structures.
- Experience using a PDM/Vault system.
- Experience in a design/production environment.
- Active Secret clearance.
- Knowledge and experience in the development of ISR aircraft.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Mechanical Engineering1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.