Job Requisition:Cloud Architect
Leidos is looking for a Cloud Architect to provide technical and collaborative leadership on a mission-critical program to modernize a U.S. Government agency’s IT infrastructure to support the rapidly growing demand for secure information across heterogeneous networks and devices and many locations.
This individual will work with client stakeholders to improve the capability and capacity of core infrastructure operations and service delivery to meet the needs of a highly mobile workforce.
The Cloud Architect will lead the implantation and oversight of cloud computing strategy. This includes cloud migration plans, cloud application design, and cloud management and monitoring. The successful candidate will have extensive hands-on experience designing and implementing cloud services such as AWS and Azure government and public clouds. • Design and implement infrastructure, platforms, and services required for public/private/hybrid cloud computing
• Engage and collaborate with stakeholders to understand mission needs and cultural issues and formulate sound strategies and plans for cloud adoption
• Lead legacy cloud readiness assessments for legacy applications
• Work with security, infrastructure, networking, and applications engineering teams to implement and maintain integrated edge-to-core security
• Evaluate vendor capabilities and negotiate to procure efficient, advanced, cost-effective services and technology
• Identify and evaluate costs, risks, and efficiencies of expanding and enhancing current cloud services
• 3+ years’ experience as cloud architect or lead cloud engineer implementing and overseeing cloud computing strategy and cloud solutions delivery
• 5+ years’ hands-on experience with cloud computing and traditional enterprise data-center technologies, i.e., network, compute, storage, and virtualization
• 2+ years’ experience overseeing legacy application migration to cloud environments
• Experience with private/public/hybrid cloud model design, implementation, orchestration, and support
• Possess at least one cloud-related certification from AWS, Azure, Cloud+, Cisco or equivalent
• Experience with software development agile/iterative methodologies and SOA
• Experienced with cloud deployment, operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting
• Hands-on experience with AWS or Azure government cloud and public cloud architecture and core services
• Experience driving discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
• Experience with IT security compliance and risk management requirements
• Experience with DoD Joint Information Environment (JIE)
• Experience with DISA milCloud 2.0 and Joint Regional Security Stack (JRSS)
• Experience with Java, DevOps, and micro services
• AWS Certified Solution Architect – Professional, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, or CCNP – Cloud certification
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires Masters with 15 – 20 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13 – 16 years of prior relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.