Front End Software Developer
The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Front End Software Developer to work at our Herndon, VA office.
This is an exciting opportunity to support mission by to developing, enhancing, and maintaining enterprise / departmental IT systems.
This position requires expertise in developing the front end of web applications in a team environment where customer focus, cooperation, communication, and continual tradecraft improvements are the norm. Must have excellent debugging skills, work independently, and interact well with others
- BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience or experience in lieu of degree
- Eight (8) or more years experience in Software Development
- Experience with front end development (ex - Angular 2+, React, HTML, CSS, JQuery)
- Experience in Java
- Must know to use an IDE to code (ex – IntelliJ, Eclipse, NetBeans)
- Experience with relational databases (ex - Oracle / MySql)
- Experience with interacting in a Linux environment (ex - Bash scripting, VI)
- Ability to work well with others as well as independently (MUST leave ego at the door)
- Ability to work well in a constantly evolving work environment
- Familiarity with Source code management and integration (ex - GitHub/GitLab, Jenkins)
- Hands on experience with cloud technology (AWS / C2S)
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Experience with testing frameworks (ex – Junit, Mockito, Swagger, Postman)
- Experience with web services (REST) and service oriented architecture (SOA) – Spring Boot, Tomcat
Clearance: Active TS/SCI with Poly
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.