Job Requisition:Project and Program Manager
The Defense Group at Leidos currently has a career opportunity for a Project and Program Manager to work at Joint Base Andrews.
The AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR, missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces, and alternate sites. The major support areas required are: IT Operations and Maintenance; Plans, Projects, and Engineering (PP&E). The senior leaders and national defense missions that are supported require that the AFNCR operations never fail, resulting in a fast-paced, challenging, but also rewarding environment.
The Project and Program Manager will support all facets of Project Management in support of the 844th Communications Group at all three locations to include; Joint Base Anacostia Bolling (JBAB), Joint Base Andrews (JBA) and the Pentagon. This includes supporting the Air Force District of Washington (AFDW) and Headquarters Air Force (HAF) customers on both NIPRNet and SIPRSet domains. Candidate will be responsible for planning, organizing, securing and managing resources to bring about successful completion of specific program goals and objectives. Duties may include ensuring that all programs run within scope, time, and budget constraints. Candidates will interface with task and functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel. Candidate may have P&L responsibility depending on the type of project assignment.
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Update status of projects weekly in Remedy, and update stakeholders at a minimum of weekly
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short – and long-term goals
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with stakeholders as well as other staff members
- Advanced time management and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft excel
- Excellent client-facing communication skills
- Works to influence project\team leaders regarding solution design, process and/or approaches
- Utilizes expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced principles, and concepts
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience
- Currently possess an active Secret DoD Security Clearance
- Currently possess a PMP certification
- Must have network operations understanding as all project implementations will be focused on implementations that will consist of new facility build-outs, upgrading of existing infrastructures located at the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews and Joint Base Anacostia Bolling, redesign of a COOP solution for the 844th Communication Group, etc
- Must have experience with process improvement and inventory control
- Microsoft Server experience (2008R2,2012 & 2016)
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory Management
- Domain Name Server Administration
- Network Monitoring tools (Manage Engine, Software Center Configuration Manager
- Candidates with a thorough knowledge of networking principles to included TCP/IP a plus
- Experience with a ticketing system such as Remedy
- Experience working with virtual environments
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.