Job Requisition:Shipping and Receiving Clerk
The Radar and Electronics Group at Leidos in Ridgecrest, CA is posting an entry level position in support of material warehousing and stock control. Seeking for a motivated, team oriented individual, performing an array of functions that may include receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, picking and filling orders from stock, packing and shipping orders, or managing, organizing and retrieving stock in the warehouse. Selected candidate will work under the direct supervision of the Quality Assurance/warehousing supervisor.
• Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks and checking in merchandise
• Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area
• Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to organizational standards
• Maintains inventory controls by collecting stock location orders, printing request, recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed through a computer. May also assist in counting of physical inventory
• Prepare parcels for mailing
• Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and work stations neat; Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
• Wear the proper safety equipment
• High School diploma or equivalent preferred
• 1-2 yrs previous warehouse experience ideal.
• Good communication, organizational, time management mathematical skills
• Dependable and Reliable
• Inventory, data entry and computer skills
• Previous experience in warehousing and stock control
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Ship and Receiving1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.