Job Requisition:Information Assurance Analyst
Leidos currently has an opening for an Information Assurance Analyst to work in our Bowie, MD office. This is an exciting opportunity to be responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, and the highest level of performance tuning and recovery procedures for program systems. Serves as a technical expert in the area of system administration for complex operating systems. Recommends the redesign and configuration of operating systems and system applications. Investigates and analyzes feasibility of system requirements and develops system specifications. Identifies methods, solutions, and provides project leadership and management in order to provide a high level of service internal and external customers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the technical expert responsible for the engineering, implementation, installation, operation, and maintenance of SAN, Backup, and Endpoint protection architecture within Windows 7 and Server 2012 -2016 networks.
- Supports the Information System Security Manager as directed.
- Responsible for setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, validating and implementing critical system patches, and allocating mass storage space.
- Handles networking support administration, overall strategy, design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments, and related software.
- Schedules, plans, and oversees system upgrades.
- Develops functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinates with development team on systematic enhancements or changes.
- Performs fault isolation and diagnostic/assessment functions to include determination and execution of corrective actions(s) on real-time basis.
- Assists in planning for upgrades and replacements for the program assets reaching the end of their life cycle.
- Supports asset acquisition, installation, configuration, and maintenance.
- Performs administrative level installation, configuration, and maintenance on all components/assets associated with the program.
- Supports senior staff as required and ensures customer requirements and project milestones are met.
- Interfaces with functional users in both routine and reactive monitoring situations. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others.
- Requires a bachelors degree and 8 plus years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 plus years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
- Experience with System Administration in a Windows 7, 10 and Windows 2012 server environment.
- Must be a US Citizen with an active Secret clearance.
- Candidates must possess a Security + certification or be able to obtain within 3 months of start date with Leidos.
- Also required are communication and presentation skills and the ability to operate independently.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
- Experience with Linux administration.
- Experience with Windows 2010.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration1000Leidos Innovations Center (LInC)
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.