Job Requisition:Electrical Engineer (Arc Flash)
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs including those that:
- Power homes and businesses
- Guide air traffic
- Streamline tax returns
- Protect digital footprints
- Contain environmental incidents
- Heighten port security
- Enable scientific discovery
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
The NISC III program at Leidos is seeking a Senior Arc Flash / Electrical Engineer to support our FAA customer at the facility in Des Moines, WA.
The Arc Flash / Electrical engineer will be expected to provide engineering support for new and existing electrical /power systems, and conduct and/or provide oversight for Arc Flash studies of varying size and complexity.
• Provide engineering support to the FAA Infrastructure Engineering Center in Des Moines, WA.
• Perform planning, design, and evaluation of new and existing electrical / power systems across a wide range of facilities and associated equipment.
• Develop new FAA electrical engineering packages for use in the installation of major systems, components, and equipment in a variety of differing types of facilities (e.g. ARTCC, TRACON, Towers, and Remote Facilities).
• Perform studies for power systems modeling, power flow, short circuit, protection devices coordination, arc flash and related engineering tasks including low voltage power distribution (208V, 240V and 480V).
• Provide support to the FAA Battery Project Office (BPO) by drawing and reviewing battery drawings and entering those into Project Wise (PW).
• Additional duties will include the review of engineering and design packages involving single-line diagrams with multiple power sources in either AC or DC, and the preparation and conduct of familiarization sessions in electrical systems theory, the National Electrical Code (NEC), and FAA Grounding and Bonding standards.
• Support the FAA as a subject matter expert in Electrical Safety. Electrical engineers will be expected to complete assignments to adhere to long-term goals set by management.
Usually Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or related discipline, with 8-12 years of professional experience; or 6-10 years of experience with a related Master’s degree.
Note: Candidate with less experience will be considered.
- Experience in conducting Arc Flash Hazard Analysis using NFPA 70E and IEEE standards.
- Ability to use Arc Flash software, such as SKM, to produce analysis reports and conduct report reviews.
- Must possess experience in the most current electrical engineering principles and practices.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of NFPA 70E and applicable OSHA standards, working knowledge of the NEC, and demonstrated working experience on or around energized equipment in an industrial setting including proper PPE in order to ensure a safe work environment and personnel safety.
- Must have a thorough understanding of Arc Flash Analysis protocols and concepts.
- Must have conducted Arc Flash Analysis (from conception to execution) and provided direct supervisory oversight of the project.
- Exhibit excellent communication skills to be used in responding to electrical safety questions and performing program presentations.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance.
- Must have Bachelors degree and 8 years of experience.
• Experience with Project Wise software
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.