Job Requisition:Sr. Network Administrator
As the largest provider of IT services, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems a number of US federal agencies as well as international agencies. Leidos currently has a number of positions supporting the United Kingdom Home Office Biometrics program located in Fairmont, WV.
The current HOB Program is focused on maximizing the public safety benefits of fingerprints, DNA and facial matching. With biometric technology developing at pace, and with new biometrics emerging rapidly, this landscape brings with it a number of important choices for Government, especially how to maximize the potential benefits to the public whilst protecting the privacy of the individual and addressing any potential impact of data aggregation. The HOB Program will transform the existing biometrics capabilities into a technically converged, but commercially disaggregated, strategic biometrics capability.
- Engineering, planning, installing, troubleshooting and executing changes to highly available network infrastructure with minimal impact.
- Demonstrating extensive experience and technical knowledge both Enterprise and Data Center network.
- Performing hands-on technical work and providing technical expertise and leadership for enterprise network infrastructure.
- Working in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts.
- Demonstrating experience in interfacing with both internal and external executive leadership.
- Communicating clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner.
- Demonstrating strong interpersonal skills due to continual interaction with managers, clients, and users with varying technical backgrounds in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ensuring the maintenance of all networks, consisting of primarily Cisco routers and switches, with support for other vendors products.
- Maintaining all layer 3 routing and layer 2 switching
- Performing site surveys, configuration and engineering, installation planning and documentation services as they relate to network services.
- Analyzing network protocols, routing standards and procedures, traffic patterns and data flow, and providing equipment implementation and upgrade recommendations.
- Providing project support services for infrastructure, ADP systems, and Network/Server Support Facility enhancement
- BS Degree and 8+ years of relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of relevant experience
- 8+ years of software engineering experience
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand network evaluation criteria and be exact in assessments
- Experience leading information technology projects involving innovation and/or modernization.
- Experience developing and reporting upon metrics relative to operational performance.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate with leadership, staff and customers
- Must be able to effectively interact with staff from other sections on complex client/server problems
- The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of Cisco components
- Communicate key project data to team members and build team cohesion and effectiveness.
- Develop and execute project plans. Leverage Atlassian tool suite like JIRA and Confluence to track activities
- Apply best practices and standard operating procedures
- CCNE Certification
- CCIE Certification
- Security background
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.