Job Requisition:Senior Desktop Engineer
Leidos is searching for a talented desktop engineer to join the team managing the Department of Justice’s Justice Management Division (JMD) desktop computing environment. This is an exciting opportunity to support JMD and the larger ESA IV program supporting the Department of Justice in Washington, DC.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- The candidate and his/her team will be responsible for the construction, deployment, and maintenance of the customer’s Windows 10 “gold” image, software packaging and distribution, and configuration management.
- Timely resolution of Tier 3 support escalations from the Service Desk, and other desktop-related projects as needed.
- Provide technical leadership for the JMD Device Management team
- The position will report into the JMD Service Delivery Manager and work directly with the federal task lead as well as with the larger ESA IV desktop engineering team.
Education & Experience:
- BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience
Required Skills (5+ years):
- Full-lifecycle management (design, construction, deployment, and maintenance) of Windows 10 desktop images
- Implementation and usage of endpoint management tools, especially Microsoft SCCM
- Security compliance and mitigation (DISA STIG), Group Policy, Compliance Baselines
- Software packaging and automated deployment
- Strong experience troubleshooting obscure and difficult issues in a diverse environment (Tier 3)
- Creation and troubleshooting SCCM Task Sequences
- Experience supporting and coordinating large scale tech refresh
- Familiarity with VDI and Azure
- Working knowledge of PowerShell scripting
- Experience working in a Government
- Office 365
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.