Job Requisition:Windows Server Engineer
Are you ready to join Leidos all-star team? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show how to accelerate your career path.
The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you, our next Windows Server Systems Administrator, to assist with the design, deployment, and maintenance of a full stack containerized microservices architecture as well as technical systems administration, installation/configuration, and troubleshooting including associated hardware working in our Reston, VA office. We need you to participate in fostering a DevOps culture, and building strong cross functional collaboration with all areas of development, product, and QA in a dynamic and fast paced environment supporting the development of a data pipeline and machine learning services integration in support of intelligence community analysts whose mission is to solve unique and challenging problems.
You will work closely with the chief architect, systems engineers, software and data engineers, and data scientists on the following key tasks:
• Build, install, configure, and troubleshoot Windows Server operating system
• Assist with phase-in activities including initial HW/SW configuration tests and network connectivity
• Good understanding of Active Directory based systesms, and be able to manage and maintain them
• Good understanding of WSUS, and be able to manage and maintain it even in times of no connectivity
• Maintain the deployment Winodws Operating System environment according to the systems engineering specifications and baseline configuration at given points in time
• Orchestrate staging and production deployment in a Windows based environment
• Develop scripts to monitor and check health of the systems
• Design, develop, and support scalable, redundant infrastructure to include physical and virtualized environments
• Install, configure and manage a windows based certificate authority sever
• Install, configure and maintain group manangment policies including role based management
• Set up administrator and service accounts, maintain system documentation, tune system performance, install system wide software
• Validate and implement critical system patches, and allocate directory storage space
• Improve existing infrastructure to incorporate latest technology best practices and cross application integrations
• Day-to-day collaboration with developers and QA teams, to influence design, and architect solutions in multi-tiered environments
• Manage individual project priorities, deliverables, and deadlines
• Produce clear documentation for delivered solutions
To be successful in this role you need these skills (required):
• BS in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related technical field or equivalent experience with at least 8+ years in systems engineering or administration (6+ years with a MS/MIS Degree)
• Must have an active Top Secret security clearance and able to obtain a TS/SCI with Polygraph
• Experience with deployment and operations of containers as well as container orchestration tools
• Experience orchestrating workflows to execute at predefined times, including workflows that have data dependencies.
• Proficiency in DevOps tools; scripting
• 4 years of experience with Windows Server OS
• 4 years of experience in an operations role
• 2 years experience in a Windows Server environment
• 2 years of patching servers, backups, permission management
• 2 years experience providing Tier II & III Windows and UNIX (Linux) support
• Networking (TCP/UDP, ICMP, and DNS, etc.), infrastructure services, and security
• Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
• Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to obtain a DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification
• CompTIA Security+
It would be great if you have specific experiences and skills with the following (preferred):
• Knowledge and some understanding of Kubernetes, Ansible, Puppet, Salt, Linux, Git, Python, Elasticsearch, Logstash, IPA, AWS, OpenStack, Java, Kafka, Hadoop, etc.
• Experience establishing large computer clusters- Experience in continuous configuration automation (CCA) methods for providing a flexible, programmatic platform for deploying and managing the configuration of infrastructure and application resources.
• Experience in applying both agent-based and agentless (e.g. SSH) methods to event-driven orchestration and remote execution for configuration management.
• Experience in applying automated configuration management and deployment tools (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, and Salt) for configuration automation, cloud control, and event-driven orchestration.
More about the PROGRAM:
The DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) program will advance the state of the art in mission-focused big data analytics tools and micro-service development spanning the breadth of Agile sprints to multiyear research and development cycles. We are looking for you to have a demonstrated aptitude for problem solving complex technical issues, identifying, transforming, thinking outside the box, and a strong sense of accountability. Have a mix of technical excellence, intellectual curiosity, communications skills, customer-focus, and operational experience to improve the performance and user adoption of high-end data analytics platforms in partnership with a highly qualified, highly motivated team. Be motivated, self-driven team player who can multi-task and interact well with others and advise/consult with other team members on systems engineering and software development related issues.
External Referral Eligible