$26.38 - $32.38 plus Fringe
Salary range based on Skill Level
Day Shift, with the opportunity to work 4-10 Hour Shifts Tuesday – Friday
We are currently seeking an experienced Carpenter to join our team at our Springfield VA site. This position, the individual will be responsible for Metal framing, doorframes, dry wall install, finishing, carpet, furniture installation, painting and raised floor installation. Must be able to work with limited supervision, Capable of reading and understanding blueprints and drawings for large and complex structures.
Skill Level 3 Carpenter
Must be able to work independently and without supervision to layout and frame walls, perform bill of material take offs, read and interpret building plans/blueprint for large and complex structures. Lead project tasks and mentor/train less experienced personnel. With 5-7 years’ experience in carpentry or general maintenance fields
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work in a Team environment
- Be experienced and able to use hand tools and power tools
- Work and maintain knowledge of various construction materials among which include wood, fiberglass, steel, and concrete
- Willingness to work overtime when necessary to deliver the project on time
- Have a good understanding and ability to follow EHS practices across responsible work areas
- Capable of delivering great customer service
- Ability to lift/carry/push/pull 35 lbs.
- Ability to climb and work off ladders
- Trades license or certification
- Be well organized and able to multi-task
- Have good verbal and written communications skills
- United States citizen with TS/SCI clearance w/ Poly
- 3-5 years’ experience in carpentry or general maintenance fields
- The ability to work with limited supervision
- Experience with all facets of carpentry tasks, high lift work. Knowledge of Shaft wall framing and metal stud framing
- Be able to interpret blueprints, drawings, or written or verbal instructions
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:DBA Carpenter
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.