Job Requisition:Operations Business Development & Strategy Director
Leidos has a career opening for a Operations Business Development Strategy Director located is Rockville, MD.
The Exploration & Mission Support (EMS) Operation delivers enterprise IT services, cyber, critical infrastructure, software development, operations and sustainment, and engineering and logistics solutions in support of a wide range of Civil customers.
In this role, you are expected to thrive in an environment where you are responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals. You will be expected to identify gaps and emerging requirements, perform market and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence, design and execute formal capture plans, and monitor competitor activity. You will develop the overall BD strategy, as well as internal and external partnerships, business plans and associated marketing with the Operation.
You will manage a team of business development professionals, including capture managers, BD leads and BD analysts, in achievement of the Operations short and long-term business development goals. You will ensure that the Operation maintains a healthy pipeline of opportunities and executes cost-effective win strategies to achieve annual financial objectives. Essentially, you will drive Leidos’ expertise into new and evolving mission areas.
- Partners with the Operations SVP to support overall strategic planning and linking pursuits/capture activities which support the business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline growth.
- Identifies, develops, and implements near-term and long-term business strategies that provide the business an opportunity to grow revenue.
- May have other business development activities, such as investigating and evaluating potential mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, geographic expansions, licensing, partnerships, joint ventures, new business/market opportunities and sustainability to determine if such activities are in line with the organization's overall strategy and vision.
- Continuously monitors the market to keep track of competitor developments and their impact on market share.
- Participates in business planning activities, to include weekly pipeline reviews, operating plan development, bid agenda development, opportunity collaboration sessions and gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal writing and reviews.
- Monitors the Operation’s pipeline, establishes BD priorities and recommends the allocation of resources.
- Manage a business development team and responsible for creating workforce and staffing plans for function/families to ensure efficient use of resources. Ensure staff are focused on the Operations’ priorities.
- Develops and implements the Operation’s strategy based on market research and Civil Group direction.
- Coordinates with Leidos organizations who perform emerging technologies in other markets. Coordinates meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 15 years of related experience, including 12 years of Business Development experience supervising employees or leading capture teams.
- Proven track record of successful capture and pipeline management across multiple customer organizations and program offices at a variety of acquisition sizes.
- Experience successfully managing multi-million dollar new business fund (NBF) budgets.
- Demonstrated experience and ability interacting and building relationships with key customer organizations.
- Strong collaboration skills and demonstrated experience building internal and external industry partnerships.
- Travel as required, up to 25% per month.
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with senior management, technical staff, division managers, and peers.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports and a customer relationship management to track opportunities and manage pipeline.
- Ability to obtain security clearance.
- Top Secret clearance or higher
- Experience working directly with key EMS customers to include DoJ, NASA, NSF, HUD, etc..
- Capture Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
- Management of a pipeline of opportunities with a value of $5 billion or greater
- A technical degree is highly desired. Advanced degree preferred
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Development3000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.