Job Requisition:Software Application Engineer (GE Smallworld)
Leidos is looking for a Software Application Engineer (GIS) to design, develop, deploy and support technical solutions in a collaborative team environment. The successful candidate will support and enhance existing applications as well as develop new applications to meet organizational goals and objectives. Candidate must be familiar with the configuration and system testing process. This position requires an experienced, self-motivating individual capable of performing in a fast-paced development environment, as well as interacting effectively with key customers and users. This person will assist with the implementation, configuration, and maintaining of GIS applications in a project and support capacity. Work with Project Manager(s) and other project resources to meet commitments and deliverables. Work with Product Support Manager and team to maintain daily operations surrounding the GIS.
Locations: New Orleans, LA - Little Rock, AR - The Woodlands, TX
• Work directly with client customers to provide world-class Application baseload and non-baseload support for multiple utility company applications.
• Design, code and deliver new applications and application enhancements in multiple platforms (.NET, Java, ESRI, Python)
Required Education & Experience:
• BS Computer Science, GIS or related. High school diploma with an additional 4 years experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• 10+ years of related experience
• GE Smallworld
• SQL Server
• Expertise with common GIS software
• Interaction with map features
• Efficient use of core functions
• Ability to leverage available tools to solve tasks
• Ability to extend core functions
• Create new modules
• Custom tools or extensions
• Understanding Spatial Data Modeling
• Creation and Manipulation of Features
• Updating RWO Objects and applying to the database.
• Building Custom GIS Applications, via: GE Smallworld Images, ArcGIS Engine or Runtime
• Experience with Querying, Reporting, and Extraction of Spatial Data
• Able to perform in a complex multi-tasking and multi-customer work environment
• Able to work within limited time restraints and strict deadlines
• Able to perform duties without immediate supervision
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent inter-personnel skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Highly motivated and able to solve highly technical and complex problems
• FME Workbench
• Languages: Magik, Python, C#, Java, .Net
• Prior experience implementing ITSM solutions in a fast-paced, heterogeneous environment
• Ability to provide technical leadership and support multiple projects