Job Requisition:Software Application Engineer (GE Smallworld)
Leidos is looking for a Software Application Engineer (GIS) to design, develop, deploy and support technical solutions in a collaborative team environment. The successful candidate will support and enhance existing applications as well as develop new applications to meet organizational goals and objectives. Candidate must be familiar with the configuration and system testing process. This position requires an experienced, self-motivating individual capable of performing in a fast-paced development environment, as well as interacting effectively with key customers and users. This person will assist with the implementation, configuration, and maintaining of GIS applications in a project and support capacity. Work with Project Manager(s) and other project resources to meet commitments and deliverables. Work with Product Support Manager and team to maintain daily operations surrounding the GIS.
Locations: New Orleans, LA - Little Rock, AR - The Woodlands, TX
• Work directly with client customers to provide world-class Application baseload and non-baseload support for multiple utility company applications.
• Design, code and deliver new applications and application enhancements in multiple platforms (.NET, Java, ESRI, Python)
Required Education & Experience:
• BS Computer Science, GIS or related. High school diploma with an additional 4 years experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• 10+ years of related experience
• GE Smallworld
• SQL Server
• Expertise with common GIS software
• Interaction with map features
• Efficient use of core functions
• Ability to leverage available tools to solve tasks
• Ability to extend core functions
• Create new modules
• Custom tools or extensions
• Understanding Spatial Data Modeling
• Creation and Manipulation of Features
• Updating RWO Objects and applying to the database.
• Building Custom GIS Applications, via: GE Smallworld Images, ArcGIS Engine or Runtime
• Experience with Querying, Reporting, and Extraction of Spatial Data
• Able to perform in a complex multi-tasking and multi-customer work environment
• Able to work within limited time restraints and strict deadlines
• Able to perform duties without immediate supervision
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent inter-personnel skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Highly motivated and able to solve highly technical and complex problems
• FME Workbench
• Languages: Magik, Python, C#, Java, .Net
• Prior experience implementing ITSM solutions in a fast-paced, heterogeneous environment
• Ability to provide technical leadership and support multiple projects
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development1000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.