Job Requisition:Sr. Maintenance Inspector
The Airborne ISR group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Sr Maintenance Inspector in our Bridgewater, VA office.
- Assist with planning and controlling aircraft maintenance
- Responsible for development, implementation, and tracking of acceptance criteria for non-standard repairs and aircraft modifications
- Responsible for development, implementation, and tracking of inspection milestones and intervals for routine and non-routine aircraft modifications
- Performing aircraft inspections, preventative maintenance, and aircraft systems troubleshooting as the mission requires
- Perform pre/post flight inspections
- Maintain records/logbooks
- Provide recommendations for aircraft improvements, modifications, upgrades, etc.
- Monitor and comply with relevant ADs
- A&P Certificate Required with 8-10 years of experience
- IA License Required
- Demonstrated experience as Maintenance Manager in a part 145 maintenance facility with preference for work in support of USG requirements and/or multi-engine corporate, commercial and military fixed wing, jet and turbo-prop aircraft.
- Experience with Quality Assurance and inspection of electrical, structural, paint and composite fabrication, installation and inspection to include Safety of Flight (SOF) related task verification (sign off) and task card close-up/verification.
- Ability to work with a wide range of technical reference material from commercial/OEM manuals to blueprints/engineering drawings.
- Domestic and International travel may be required (valid passport required)
- Ability to operate various Ground Support Equipment (GSE) including: Aircraft Tug, Fuel Truck, Power Carts, Hydraulic Lifts, HVAC units, etc
- Thorough knowledge of FAA operational and inspection procedures, specifically for Part 23 and 25 aircraft
- Obtain/Maintain Secret Clearance
- Flexible Schedule, occasional nights and weekend support
- Pay is commensurate with experience – this is a full time position requiring permanent relocation to Shenandoah area of Virginia.
- Experience with contractor ground Procedures, AS9100 compliance and DCMA oversight (on site) is a plus.
Tech Inspector; Technical Inspector; Aircraft Inspector; A&P Mechanic
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Aircraft Mechanic1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.