Job Requisition:Technical Analyst
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Leidos is looking for a high performing and experienced person to provide direct support to the National Nuclear Security Administration’s Office of Engineering and Technology Maturation. Overall duties involve providing senior technical and program management support for a multi-million dollar, multi-site portfolio of advanced and applied research and development projects that are focused on the nuclear stockpile. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and the background to quickly understand these complex technological projects and their impact upon and benefits to the nation’s nuclear deterrence posture.
• Researching and preparing background information and talking points that convey technological challenges and developments, government and stakeholder concerns or interests, and programmatic updates.
• Preparing technical and program management documentation, scheduling requested meetings, and coordinating with government program management staff.
• Collecting information from a wide variety of sources for executive level documents, briefings and reports, and consolidating the material into a finished product.
• Preparing high level meeting summaries, highlighting action items and due dates, and other key leadership feedback.
• Assisting with the preparation and assembly of briefing packages.
• Tracking and monitoring progress on ongoing projects and initiatives in a technical portfolio.
• Attending and contributing to meetings on a myriad of technical and programmatic topics.
• Managing internal and external program reviews and associated planning; coordinating program review logistics.
The successfully candidate will have:
• An active DOE Q clearance or TS/SCI security clearance with the ability to obtain a DOE Q clearance
• A Bachelor’s degree in a science or engineering technical discipline.
• At least 8 years of relevant experience with complex technology projects.
• An outstanding ability to analyze and communicate complex issues at many levels of understanding.
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office products to analyze and communicate issues and opportunities.
• Engaging interpersonal skills.
• Successful outcomes when communicating with executive level management.
• Demonstrable experience with managing complex technology projects.
• A Master’s degree or PhD.
• A currently active Q security clearance.
• Experience in managing an applied research and development program.
• Nuclear weapons background and knowledge.
• Understanding of the background and issues surrounding nuclear weapon surety.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:DOE Q
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Policy Analysis1000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.