Leidos is seeking a User Experience Designer to join our growing team located in Morgantown, WV. The opportunity will provide career growth and skill enhancement to support our design process throughout the planning and development lifecycle for a multitude of unique user interfaces. You will work collaboratively with software engineers, domain experts, customers, vendors, and executives to meet objectives and provide innovative solutions.
- Support creative solutions for a wide variety of user experience challenges including, but not limited to mobile and desktop web applications.
- Support the design of useful, usable, and desirable systems, products and services. This includes working closely with software engineers to realize the design.
- Participate in user research activities enabling the team to build a deep and rich understanding of how our vendors and customers use our platform.
- Use data, analytics and business requirements to assist product management in developing user stories and requirements.
- Propose art direction and/or assist to define the visual language.
- Develop and maintain user-interface specifications.
- Present design work to the engineering team, product team, and executives for review and feedback.
- Bachelor's degree in graphics art or design, human-computer interaction (HCI) or related and less than 2 years of related experience
- Position requires US citizenship and ability to obtain a DoD security clearance
- Strong HTML and CSS skills
- A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user centered design solutions.
- Some experience designing for a variety of form factors including mobile and desktop.
- Familiarity in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Visual design abilities demonstrated through mockups.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and storytelling skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team and directly with developers for implementation of designs.
- Understanding of a highly agile software environment.
- Ability to create illustrations and visual images to communicate complex systems.
- Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, user interviews, contextual inquiry) is a strong plus.
- Desire to work in a start-up style environment, where iteration is encouraged.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.