Job Requisition:Oracle DBA with TS/SCI with Poly
The National Solutions Group at Leidos currently has an anticipated opening for an Oracle Database Administrator to work at a Customer Site in Springfield, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program. The DBA is to ensure the Database architecture is properly sized, scaled for the future, and structured to provide high availability that meets the service level requirements for the customer. He/She must identify risks with associated mitigation plans and provide a plan for growth of the databases for future requirements. The plan must include consolidations, upgrades, and collaboration with peers and other key staff/customers to ensure a reliable and robust database architecture. The successful candidate will have the related database certifications (Oracle Certified Database Professional (OCP or OCA) and or its equivalent in other database management systems and a minimum of 5~10 years of related contract experience. Skills must include defining, trouble shooting and managing comparable databases. Our ideal candidate is a strong Oracle DBA with Oracle 11g/12c, Oracle RAC, Oracle GoldenGate, Oracle Data Guard/Active Data Guard experience, and hands-on experience supporting Oracle databases.
The selected candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment supporting an intricate infrastructure and managing a complex IT environment with multiple databases and associated supporting storage and network infrastructure. Position requires an energetic, focused, and driven candidate who can adapt well to a changing environment, while always being driven by the mission.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Providing support for Oracle Database Servers hosted on Windows Server 2008 and 2012, Unix/Linux Servers, VMware, and other virtualization software as well as database administration
- Working with highly skilled individuals responsible for providing day-to-day operational support in the area of Database Server Operations, Database Management, Storage and Backup.
- Ensuring software products are "patched" and upgraded in a successful manner, considering and addressing all security guidance, rules and regulations, standards and industry best practices.
- Working collaboratively with clients including application/business owners and their support contractors to maintain and update systems as required.
- Maintaining security patches and reducing or eliminating security vulnerabilities as directed and approved by the customer.
- Working with application owners and their support team to balance and schedule workload, identify performance bottlenecks and identify system interdependencies to prevent the formation of performance problems.
- The current database environment with respect to all approved security patches as released by the operating system and database software vendor in compliance with all contract processes and procedures.
- A predictable planning processes for server and database version upgrades.
- Consistent, predictable, and documented deployment and administration processes and procedures.
- Proactive mechanisms for collaboration and communication with all operations functions, system owners and teams, and related stakeholders.
- Mechanisms that proactively and continuously identify ways to increase availability and administration efficiency.
- Efficient mechanisms for ensuring system and database-level security and system availability/recovery.
- Performing services in the following areas:
- Database Administration Services
- Systems Security Support
- Database Application Support
- Backup and Recovery Service
- Related Transition/Migration Activities
- Requires BS degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 years of prior relevant experience as an Oracle DBA working with Oracle 11g/12c and running on a variety of operating systems (Windows, Linux (RHEL), and Solaris 11)
- Currently possess a TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance
- Experience with Oracle Backup Design Planning.
- Expertise with Oracle Database Security.
- Experience with Oracle Database Upgrade mechanisms of different versions and on various platforms.
- Strong hands-on experience with Oracle ASM configuration, deployments, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with UNIX shell scripting for automating regular data loading and other database maintenance activities.
- Critical thinking and problem solving abilities to address complex issues involving data movement and data replication.
- Proven ability to resolve architectural issues in the environment and database infrastructure, as well as develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the database architecture and the application functionality.
- Strong hands-on Experience with the Oracle RMAN Backup and Restore, Export and Import Data Pump utilities.
- Experience working with Oracle 13c OEM for database monitoring.
- Experience with Oracle database provisioning and cloning techniques.
- Experience with Oracle Standby Database Server deployments.
- Good Project Management Skills
- Hands on experience on Oracle Database-storage environments, data backup, retention and recovery best practices.
- Understanding and meeting Service Level Agreements and Service Level Requirements.
- Review all current systems and database administration processes and practices and provide recommendations on straightforward opportunities for improvement.
- Identify and discuss any gaps or opportunities associated with system security and system backup and recovery.
- Additional experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Agile development knowledge and framework.
- Working knowledge of System, Application & Database Monitoring tools such as Oracle Enterprise Manager, SlorAppDynamics for management of high availability applications.
- VMware Virtualization.
- Server and PC Hardware Knowledge.
- Windows/Linux/Unix day to day support experience.
- UNIX scripting experience
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management2000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.