The National Solutions Group at Leidos currently has multiple openings for Systems Engineers to support a client’s requirements in a challenging, dynamic setting located in the Northern Virginia area. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program and requires TS/SCI with poly.
The Systems Engineer will collect, organize, synthesize and analyze data, summarize findings, develop conclusions and make recommendations. The Systems Engineer will work in a highly collaborative environment with teammates, key stakeholders and the Government customer to ensure mission continuity and support to the IC community.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Leads production implementation, modification and enhancement activities in accordance with customer specifications and site direction.
- Assesses technical specifications, concepts of operations, requirements for change, and training plans generated during system acquisition and deployment.
- Translates end-user/operational needs into formal requirements documentation for mission support tools or mission systems.
- Works as part of a team of systems engineers and systems integrators in a multi-disciplinary role that may include, but is not limited to:
- Analysis of engineering, operational and organization concepts, requirements, models, architectures, workflows and associated doctrine
- Resolution of engineering problems and issues
- Execution of special engineering projects to include planning, oversight and status reporting
- Technical coordination and execution of tasks that may support various engineering areas of responsibility such as configuration management, change management, performance assessment, engineering analysis and system integration
- BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- TS/SCI with poly required
- Experience with collection management, mission management, or operational environments
- Experience with working in an intelligence community operational environment
- Demonstrated ability and experience working effectively on a small team in a real-time operational environment
- Ability to recognize problems or errors and respond appropriately
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Ability to operate multiple systems that ensure activities are accomplished
- Ability to identify needed changes to processes and activities and help to implement solutions
- Ability to work successfully as part of a virtual team
- Knowledge of the processes and tools required to execute timelines and provide mission status
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.