Job Requisition:Communications Specialist
The NISC III program is seeking a proficient Communication Specialist able to implement organizational missions and visions through positive leadership collaborative skills and a desire to cultivate relationships.
Use your excellent communications skills, strong managerial and interpersonal skills (both oral & written) to thrive in a team-oriented atmosphere.
With your skill in multi-tasking priorities and self-motivation, you will perform research, respond to media inquires, track mentions in the mass-media, advise the management team in taking action in cases of communication crisis and foster in departmental brand awareness.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preserve and protect all confidences and privileged communications.
- Apply knowledge of administrative processes to prepare and create standard operating procedures (SOP), and best practice methods.
- Manage the daily calendar activities of internal stakeholders to ensure efficient time management; sometimes requiring negotiating time and place for best logistical arrangements.
- Recognize and identify what internal information can be disseminated and to whom.
- Prepare, track, maintain, and distribute correspondence for various actions.
- Assist in preparing meeting agendas and taking notes at staff meetings/off-sites.
- Manage all office administrative duties, to include; coordinating internal/external meetings and teleconferences, answering telephones, screening calls, forwarding messages, preparing expense reports, arranges travel (domestic & international) and maintains paper and electronic filing systems.
- Bachelor’s of Science, Communications or Public Relations and 2 to 4 years of relevant experience.
- Possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills while thriving in deadline-driven, fast-paced environment.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Ability to efficiently plan, provide for contingencies, balance competing demands,adapt to change, and remain focused to deliver results.
- FAA experience preferred
- MS Office tools
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.