Job Requisition:Junior Energy Advisor
Junior Energy Advisor – Hawai‘i County
You will work closely with and support the Hawai‘i County Manager and assist with incentive programs and advisory services for businesses and residents. You will assist with generating, advocating and accelerating the implementation of energy efficiency projects. You will support championing residential energy efficiency offers and work with commercial businesses to reduce their energy consumption, coordinate educational and training workshops, seek strategic implementation of battery storage and electric vehicle charging stations, and provide awareness and access for all Hawai‘i County rate payers to take advantage of Hawai‘i Energy’s offers.
• Support overall business and residential portfolio operations through rebate processing, inspections, and business outreach.
• Support Energy Advantage program by assisting with project tracking, processing, and inspections.
• Support instant rebate programs for residents and businesses, including coordination with distributors and retailers, new participant engagement and tracking.
• Support outreach and educational efforts, including creating presentations, helping with recruitment, and coordination of logistics for events.
• Assist with cultivating customer and contractor relationships in designated sector(s).
• Develop deep energy sector knowledge.
• Pilot new tools, processes and initiatives.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Environmental or Computer Science and 1 – 2 years of prior relevant experience.
• Well versed in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Previous experience with energy, lighting, HVAC, industrial, manufacturing, power generation or maintenance fields.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Customer service experience.
• Comfortable with effectively presenting complex and/or technical information to a wide audience.
• Passionate about and committed to Hawai‘i Energy’s mission and our goals.
• Have a valid driver’s license and vehicle to meet with customers and conduct site visits as required.
• You have experience working remotely
• You are able to work across teams to facilitate smooth execution of cross-collaborative projects.
• Experience in data harvesting and analytics.
• Well versed in Microsoft Office suite and experience using Salesforce.
• 1 - 2 years of local Hawai‘i community development experience desired.
About Hawai‘i Energy
Hawai‘i Energy is a ratepayer-funded energy program under contract with the Hawai‘i Public Utilities Commission. We help educate island families and businesses about the many and lasting benefits of energy efficiency and conservation. Hawai‘i Energy encourages and rewards smart energy decisions which will allow our state to reach 100% clean energy faster and cheaper. To date, we have saved the people of Hawai‘i more than a billion dollars off their energy bills. Named by Hawai‘i Business Magazine as one of the “Best Places to Work 2018 and 2019 “, we are looking for someone to join our team in driving energy initiatives which have immediate and local impact, and leave a legacy of sustainability for generations to come
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Environmental Eng1000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.