Job Requisition:Systems Engineer & Integrator
Leidos is seeking a Systems/Project Engineer in direct support to a Government (Missile Defense Agency) program office in Huntsville, AL.
This position will apply the appropriate science, technology, and engineering support necessary to ensure capabilities are developed through all phases of the DoD acquisition program framework applying technical and technical management processes to integration of multiple systems; interacting with program IPTs regarding the proper application of systems engineering processes; and using top-down design and bottom-up product realization.
This individual will provide science, engineering, and technical assistance to explore early missile defense solutions.
- Analyze and apply system engineering and technical management processes at the component, system or systems-of-systems levels
- Plan, organize, conduct and/or monitor, and analyze engineering activities relating to the design, development, fabrication, installation, modification, and sustainment of systems or systems components across multiple functional specialties (i.e. Acquisition, Engineering, Modeling and Simulation, Operations, Test and Evaluation, etc.)
- Utilize engineering skills to validate developer’s system functional design
- Plan, conduct, monitor, evaluate and assess engineering activities relating to the design, development, and/or analysis of hardware and software technologies, sub-system components and systems
- Evaluate future operational system requirements, prioritizing system changes into technical roadmaps for spiral upgrades into fielded system(s).
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance and SCI Eligibility (SSBI within 5 years).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Physics or Operations Research or related field.
- 8+ years of directly related technical engineering experience.
- Motivated self-starter who is able to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment, often with minimal guidance and within rigid timelines.
- Good analytic and critical thinking skills and the ability to apply them in a multi-tasking environment where more than one project may require his/her participation at any given time (typically one primary project and one or two ancillary projects).
- Outstanding communication skills in conveying complex technical issues and in providing comprehensive written, oral and/or digital products. The candidate must also have outstanding technical writing and presentation development skills.
- Familiarity with DoD acquisition/systems engineering processes
MDA experience preferred
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.