Job Requisition:Defense Analyst
JOB SUMMARY: The Logistics and Mission Support within Leidos, Inc. has an immediate job opening in Alexandria, Virginia for a senior-level Defense Analyst to contribute to a program supporting the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) Cost Assessment and Program Evaluation (CAPE) Joint Data Support (JDS).
- The Defense Analyst will participate in developing data about forces, units and associated equipment; use experience, subject matter expertise to assist with strategic and operational planning; participate in warfighting analysis; and research various military topics of interest to the United States.
- Candidate will work with strategic guidance and joint concepts of operations to understand Service and COCOM responsibilities, track trends, mine data sets and make projections about the future.
- Analyst will utilize his or her detailed understanding of the data to perform analysis and respond to senior leadership inquiries and be capable of briefing the material.
- Candidate will independently navigate complex problems, must have a willingness to learn new techniques and accomplish tasks through self-study.
- Expert will develop executive summaries, coordinate materials, evaluate, post and disseminate products.
- Nominee will facilitate workshops and support Service and COCOM representatives in the development of analytic products.
- Must have an active DoD Top Secret Clearance (or higher) and the ability to obtain a TS/SCI Clearance
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Operations Research, Mathematics, Science, Technology or other related discipline and 8 years of related experience (additional experience may be substituted for degree)
- Strong experience and understanding of: U.S. Force Structure and Strategic and Operational Planning
- Experience in data manipulation and metadata development
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Excellent analytic and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment and demonstrated leadership skills
- Military experience
- Initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Project management skills
- Planning and organizational skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Policy Analysis1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.