Job Requisition:Intern, Energy Advantage
Intern, Energy Advantage
You will support the expansion of the EA program by working closely with the EA team. You will participate in collaboration meetings and assist with data processing and data management, targeted research, digital contact management, customer and contractor engagement, project acquisition, independent site visits and providing overall support for Hawai‘i Energy’s Energy Advantage program.
This role will leverage customer service skills to work with small businesses on O‘ahu to help them save energy and reduce their operating costs. You will also assist the team with reviewing and pre-approving lighting projects, conducting inspections, and assisting with program design to expand the success of the Energy Advantage program.
• Perform pre and post inspection site visits to verify energy efficiency project installations and maintain quality control
• Become well versed in Hawai‘i Energy’s rebate systems (AMPLIFY & Salesforce) and provide data management and data entry for participating contractors
• Learn and understand lighting technologies
• Research efficiency measures (e.g. HVAC, controls, etc.) to expand the Energy Advantage Program
• Assist with problem solving practical program implementation challenges
• Provide support in rebate processing in Salesforce
• Interface with industry stakeholders including distributors, trade allies and customers through meetings and outreach events
• Assist with developing and organizing commercial sector data warehouse and provide useful data tagging
• Assist with implementing a digital system for business contact management
• Research possible applications for the Better Building’s Initiative to Hawai‘i’s market
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Currently enrolled at an accredited University or community college.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within cross functional teams
• Fluent in Microsoft Office and able to conduct advanced internet research
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Valid Driver’s license and vehicle for inspections
• Physical ability to perform field verification of pre and post installation of energy efficiency measures
• Passionate about and committed to the Hawai’i Energy mission and goals
• Strong technical, quantitative and analytic capabilities including spreadsheet analysis
• Familiarity with Hawai‘i businesses and business culture
• Strong skills in organizing projects and balancing workload
• Quick to learn new concepts and eager to contribute new ideas
About Hawai‘i Energy
Hawai‘i Energy is a ratepayer-funded energy efficiency program under contract with the Hawai‘i Public Utilities Commission. We help educate island families and businesses about the many and lasting benefits of energy efficiency and conservation. Hawai‘i Energy encourages and rewards smart energy decisions which will allow our state to reach 100% clean energy faster and cheaper. To date, we have saved the people of Hawai‘i more than a billion dollars off their energy bills. Named by Hawai‘i Business Magazine as one of the “Best Places to Work 2018 “, we are looking for someone to join our team in driving energy initiatives which have immediate and local impact, and leave a legacy of sustainability for generations to come.