Job Requisition:Linux System Administrator
The Health Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Linux System Administrator to work on the Veterans Affairs Medical Appointment Scheduling System (MASS) program. The MASS program deployed the Epic Cadence scheduling application to support schedulers, and ultimately our Veterans, within the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Columbus Ambulatory Care Center. As the system administrator, you will support the administration, management and maintenance of the Linux servers in development, test and production environments. In this position, you will be responsible for the Linux platforms in the Azure
· Support all Linux server administration for applications in all environments (development, test, production, etc.)
· Support Linux platform management and maintenance (e.g. patching, security, etc.)
· Support all Azure Cloud Linux platforms
· Operational support for Cache database installations on Linux servers
· Support all Linux-Azure disaster recovery and redundancy operations
· Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills; must have strong attention to detail
- Requires BS degree and 3 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Linux System Administration: 3 years of experience
- Scripts: 1 year
- Familiar with FISMA and FedRAMP certifications, government security, operational metrics, monitoring and server provisioning is a plus
- Cache DB: 1 year
- ·Microsoft Windows: 3 years
- Azure: 1 year
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration2000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.