Job Requisition:HIPAA Analyst
Leidos is seeking a HIPAA Analyst I to join our Washington, D.C. team. The ideal candidate will follow established guidelines in the resolution of complaints alleging violations of the Privacy and Security Rules of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
Main Duties include:
- Assists in resolving complaints alleging violations of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) including access, health information privacy, and security complaints
- Analyzes information provided and allegations raised by complainants concerning U.S. HIPAA statutes
- Resolves complaints recommended for administrative, non-investigative closure using prewritten templates and established case resolution guidelines.
- Conducts administrative work associated with the disposition of health information privacy and security complaints including printing and mailing closure letters.
- Bachelor’s degree, paralegal certificate, or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Excellent document review and analytical capabilities;
- Experience managing a busy caseload;
- Ability to absorb substantial subject matter, think independently, and apply law to fact;
- Ability to offer measured responses to the general public;
- Ability to work effectively in a busy environment;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and familiarity with a variety of computer applications including databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, and scanning;
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Knowledge and experience with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1966 (HIPAA)
- Experience working in a law firm and/or government environment;
- Strong interest in civil rights and/or health information privacy and security;
- Customer service background
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Paralegal2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.