Leidos currently has an opening for an Editor. This position requires possession of a current TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH CLEARANCE.
- Responsible for ensuring the readability, proper grammar, and basic content of material.
- Responsible for disseminating a quality product by the required deadline.
- May determine methods and procedures to be used on new assignments and provide guidance to other personnel.
- Must be able to adjust to constantly changing priorities and demands.
- Frequently interacts with customers and/or functional peer group managers.
- May interact with senior management.
- Interactions normally involve matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
- A test will be given to assess editing skills.
- ACTIVE TS/SCI w/ Polygraph. Candidates must be familiar with cable and IC report writing styles.
- Candidates must possess a proficiency level in a foreign language.
- Strong briefing and writing skills are a must as well as the ability to work well with teams or individually with minimal supervision.
TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- It requires a BA degree and/or equivalent experience and training, and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience in editing or writing within the Intelligence Community , or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Editing experience and must possess excellent writing skills.
- Advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint is preferred.
- Knowledge of the Arabic language is preferred
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.