Job Requisition:Multi-Media Designer
Leidos Defense Group is seeking a Multi-Media Designer (MMD) with broad - based computer skills to support Navy training programs in Schenectady, NY. Candidates will be members of a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Navy and contractor maritime power plant subject matter experts, instructional system designers, and multi-media designers working in a fast-paced, demanding environment. In this project we transform curricula designed by instructional experts, experienced maritime power plant technicians and subject matter experts into computer-based training (CBT) modules used in the Navy’s self-paced training program.
- Assists with the design and programming of interactive multimedia applications for web-based delivery.
- Candidate will work with Instructional Designers, Graphic Artists and Subject Matter Experts.
- Provide accurate task completion estimates
- Develop applications using storyboards.
- Apply adult learning theory to the creation of e-Learning and blended learning solutions.
- Assist in the research, selection, and modification of existing training content to meet learning needs.
- Convert instructor led content to e-Learning solutions, when applicable.
- Support training team administrative functions, as assigned, including: manipulation of portal content and integrity of training related databases.
- Develop multimedia training products for use in web based environments.
- Development of interactive training applications object oriented programming.
- Troubleshoot techniques for software and multimedia development environments.
- Work with FMP and Navy subject matter experts to assist in training curriculum development and implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years relevant professional experience; Or equivalent education/experience.
- Experience in developing multimedia training products for use in web based environments.
- Experience in the development of interactive training applications object oriented programming.
- Ability to troubleshooting techniques for software and multimedia development environments.
- Active or current Secret security clearance before starting work.
- Ability to multi-task and work within deadlines, and smoothly transition between various projects to solve technical issues.
- Hands-on experience with computer animation (including audio)
- Experience using Adobe products such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver.
- Experience in building eLearning strategies to support program initiatives.
- Experience / familiarity with the following is a plus:
- SQL, Visual Basic.
- Developing Databases using Microsoft Access.
- Work with Learning Content Management Systems and Learning Management Systems including the use of SCORM, Tin Can, Section 508 and other industry standards.
- Proficient in the storyboarding of training products including sequencing and interactivity specifications.
- Use of Adobe Captivate, or Premier.
- Familiarity or experience with any Armed Forces technical training programs is a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Multi Media4000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.