Job Requisition:Development Operations Engineer
At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Learn more about the values and culture that are the foundations of our business. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science
We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible work schedule to allow for life/work balance; tuition reimbursement and more.
The Defense Group of Leidos is looking for a talented Development Operations Engineer to support our programs in Newport News, VA. As a Development Operations Engineer, you will work with a software development staff supporting programs with the design, creation, maintenance, and testing of .NET web applications using C#, Entity Framework, and SQL Server on Microsoft platforms. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented and a highly motivated self-starter that is able to work closely in a collaborative role with other team members. This position is located in Newport News, VA.
In this role, you will :
- Support and enhance the software development, test, and delivery experience within several teams, totaling ~40 members
- Develop, maintain and champion Continuous Integration & Delivery processes, tools and execution
- Conduct DevOps tool research, evaluation, proof of concept, installation, configuration and training; includes testing frameworks, code quality analysis, automated unit testing, etc
- Interact daily with technical leadership, quality assurance, and functional peer groups
- Bachelor’s degree in a corresponding field related to Computer Science and four to eight (4-8) years of related experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- A programming background with previous experience with several of the following technologies: C#, ASP.NET, Web Services (WCF/SOAP/REST), SQL Server, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, TeamCity, Source Control management
- Deep knowledge of software deployment, versioning and release management processes.
- Virtual machine management and provisioning using Hyper-V, VMWare, and/or VirtualBox
- A solid grasp of automation tools with demonstrated ability with scripting languages such as PowerShell
- Knowledge and experience with Agile / Scrum / SAFe development methodologies
- Strong troubleshooting and incident management skills
- A passion for making software development more enjoyable and efficient and for those involved creating it
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: U.S. citizenship in order to obtain and maintain TS/SCI clearance
- Microsoft Entity Framework
- Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) Management
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Java experience using Apache ServiceMix and related platforms
- Ranorex Test Suite
- Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI)
- Technical Writing
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.