Job Requisition:Network Security Operations Team Lead
Leidos Corporate Group has an immediate opening for a Network Security Operations Team Lead to join our Cyber Information Security team.
In this role, you will provide the leadership and supervisory roles for a team of engineers that support enterprise network security solutions such as firewalls, IPS, tap aggregation, packet capture, content filtering and cloud security tools. We're looking for a candidate who can support this role from one of our following locations: Orlando - FL, Reston - VA, or Gaithersburg - MD.
Typical activities of this team include firewall exceptions, content filtering exceptions, new firewall deployments, ensure monitoring of security infrastructure, responding to incident/service requests, and troubleshooting of service impacting issues. The engineers of this team also participate in an on-call rotation.
As the team lead, you will act as the primary interface between the Network Security Operations team and various Cyber Information Security teams, including Security Engineering and Architecture, Cyber Incident Response, and others.
- Lead a team of motivated network security engineers in monitoring, supporting, building, troubleshooting, and updating the network security capabilities that protect Leidos’ core networks and information.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert lead for network security processes to defend the global Leidos network.
- Develop and document maintenance, troubleshooting, and deployment processes and procedures.
- Work closely with the Network Security Engineering team to help transition new security services into an operational capacity.
- Work closely with the Network Security Engineering team to improve existing solutions so they better meet the business’ needs.
- Work closely with the Cybersecurity Intelligence and Response Center Director to ensure security response procedures are meeting the security needs of the organization
- Help customers from around the enterprise troubleshoot and resolve their network security related issues.
- Bachelor's Degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience, including 4+ years of experience in an enterprise security or infrastructure engineering role. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- US citizenship is required and eligible for federal security clearance
- Experience leading technical professionals including developing procedures for technical professionals of varying skill levels
- Strong network security experience, including hands-on knowledge of the OSI 7-layer model
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and common application layer protocols
- Strong communication skills; person in this role must be able to successfully communicate with management personnel, technical personnel and third parties
- Experience with common enterprise firewall vendors such as Check Point, Palo Alto, Juniper or Cisco/Sourcefire
- Experience with common enterprise class packet capture solutions such as Security Analytics and Netwitness
- Experience with common enterprise forward proxies such as Zscaler, Symantec/BlueCoat, ForcePoint/WebSense, McAfee or F5
- Experience with a firewall policy management tool such as Tufin, Algosec or Firemon
- Experience in Linux system administration desired
- Experience in programming and/or scripting desired
- Experience in configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory desired
- Experience with cloud IaaS solutions such as Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS
- Possess one of the following certifications: Palo Alto Certifications, Juniper Certification, Cisco Certifications (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE), Check Point Certifications, SANS Certifications (GIAC, etc), RedHat Certifications, ISC2 Certifications (CISSP)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security3000Corporate
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.