Job Requisition:Sr. Systems Engineer, San Antonio, Texas
Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Systems Engineer (Windows and Unix/Linux) at the San Antonio, Texas vicinity.
This position is in support of the Air Force Personnel Operation Activity contract at Randolph AFB which is in the process of transferring all Human Resources Systems from a large physical data center into a cloud (AWS) environment.
The Systems Engineer selected for this position will build and integrate all Virtual Data Center (VDC) systems through the Amazon Web Services (AWS) and investigate and analyze all activities related to infrastructure incidents within the network environment in coordination with AFPOA Cyber Security Division, System Administrators and other System Engineers under a tiered response structure. Selected Systems Engineer will assist in determining scope, urgency, and potential impact and track infrastructure incidents from initial detection through final resolution. Additionally, the System Engineer will work with Splunk to build and maintain log aggregation and incident reporting dashboards from systems data collected across the environment.
- Selected Systems Engineer will collaborate with Amazon Web Services (AWS) for use of AWS native services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage (S3) and Amazon Simple DB/RDS data bases, AWS Identity and Access Management IAM.
- Develop, update and sustain Splunk environment to include dashboards and alerting supporting the AFPOA Security Operations Center.
- Work with team members to deliver DevOps processes and automation and O&S capability.
- Learn existing system capabilities and work to support the design of the new capabilities and enhancements (to include Cloud Migration and Analytics design and development).
- Sets up administrator and service accounts and troubleshoot creates/updates and maintains system documentation, interacts with users and evaluates vendor products, deep understanding of monitoring AWS instances and services.
- Experience working with administrator and service accounts and troubleshoot Creates/updates and Maintains system documentation, interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Assist in the delivery ATO’s documentation for IL4 environment, work with IA team to define, document and implement Security Controls.
- Provide VDC weekly status reports to Contractor Program Manager and government representatives
- Coordinate the resolution of action items from Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings, design reviews, program reviews, and test reviews that require cross-discipline coordination
- Participate in the development of system engineering documentation, such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications, and Interface Control Documents
- Report findings to management with recommendations for resolution.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or additional relevant experience in lieu of degree, or Master's with 6-10 years.
- Clearance: Active Secret required at time of hire.
- Must have Security + (DoD 8570 series IAT Level II Certification) before hiring or ability to obtain cert within 60 days of hire.
- Experience planning, building, integrating and maintaining Windows and Unix/Linux systems.
- Experience with AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Splunk Certification (Admin/Power User/or Architect)
- AWS Certification (Associate or greater)
- Scripting Experience: Python/Perl/Bash/Puppet/Chef
- 2 years experience with using Splunk and building Splunk dashboards and alerting in a distributed environment.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.