Job Requisition:C# .net Software Engineer
Varec, a Leidos company, is seeking to hire a Software Engineer who will support the software development and maintenance for our FuelsManager software application.
This position will work with our agile development teams in a collaborative team room environment with other developers, product owners, quality assurance and other members of the team.
Responsibilities for the team includes maintaining our legacy software, developing new software releases and developing custom software for integration of our products into the customer environments, including reports, interfaces, conversions and application extensions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Analyzing user stories to provide user point estimates
• Breaking user stories down into development tasks
• Engaging in collaborative design with the product owner and other team members to define solutions for user stories
• Modifying the software to implement user stories
• Develop reports to meet user stories using Microsoft SQL Server and Reporting Services
• Reviewing and discussing work in progress with product owners and quality assurance
• Performing unit and functional testing to verify new software meets the definition of done for user stories
• Modifying our automated test framework and developing automated test scripts
• Performing code reviews of software implemented by other developers on the team
• Actively participating in agile ceremonies, including daily standups, backlog grooming, planning and retrospectives
• Provide technical support and defect remediation in support of released applications and reports
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering and 4+ years related experience. 4+ years of additional related experience is accepted in lieu of BS degree.
• Proven experience with Visual Studio 2008/2010 and 2015 in addition to Microsoft SQL Server 2008, 2012 and 2014
• Knowledge of objective oriented programming languages, such as Microsoft Visual C#, Java or Ruby
• Knowledge of SQL Database technologies such as Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to learn the business and product quickly, and adapt to a dynamic development environment
• Knowledge of HTML5
• Experience in ASP.NET MVC 5 or higher, Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Good planning and organizational skills
• Very detail oriented
PREFERRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE LEVEL:
• Microsoft Certifications
CLEARANCE: Ability to obtain a SECRET security clearance
• Must be a US Citizen
• Cannot have dual citizenship or hold a foreign visa
Referral Bonus Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.