Leidos has an opening for a Database Administrator to work in our Atlanta office in support of the Government’s Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR) - NITAAC GWAC program.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Provides all activities related to the administration of computerized databases.
- Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function.
- Designs, creates, and maintains databases in a client/server environment.
- Conducts quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
- Advises users on access to various client/server databases.
Designs, implements, and maintains complex databases
- Applies knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end/back-end programming languages (e.g., SQL). Performs database programming and supports systems design.
- Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, file design and storage, and integration of systems through database design.
BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.