Job Requisition:Business Process Engineer
Leidos is seeking a Business Process Engineer to work remotely in support of a Department of Veterans Affairs contract. This position requires the candidate to take the lead in identifying, refining, organizing and documenting business processes for the Department of Veterans Affairs. The Business Process Engineer will work in direct collaboration with the customer and other subject matter experts to develop and/or re-engineer standard process maps as part of an existing process library tool.
Close, careful, and scrupulous attention to detail under tight deadline constraints is essential. The candidate must be willing to offer suggestions and insights based on experience using Lean Six Sigma techniques. The candidate will be responsible for actively identifying and documenting not only the processes but understanding the relationships, linkages and impacts across the enterprise.
- Collaborates with process owner(s), technical leads, and a variety of process stakeholders.
- Develop business process maps using a standard methodology and toolset
- Provide measurable input to new solutions, processes or standards in order to achieve functional/project objectives.
- Continuously monitor, identify risks and risk mitigations and capture team performance reports
- Quickly adapt to customer dynamic environment and adopt their processes and foster innovative ideas
- Adopt to new ways of working, socializing and collaborating with stakeholders and understanding their business goals
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university and 8–12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6–10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience in Process Mapping and Lean Six Sigma
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with diverse teams, process owners, and subject matter experts.
- Experience conducting stakeholder interviews and facilitating stakeholder workshops
- Candidate should be well-versed in IT and IT business processes and lifecycles
- Candidate must have strong verbal and written communication skills, including technical writing for process and systems documentation, and have worked directly with customers and end users.
- Candidate needs to have worked at all levels of organization
- Candidate to be able to work with strict deadlines (45 day release schedules)
- Candidate should be able to travel periodically
- Candidate to have strong problem solving skills
- Candidate needs to be able to develop training materials on processes as needed
- Experience supporting VA requirements management tasks and using Visio or other modeling tools.
- Experience working in a matrixed team environment
- Experience working remotely to complete job assignments
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Process1000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.