Job Requisition:Project Manager (PITC)
The DCOI (Data Center Optimization Initiative) Project Manager shall support the consolidation of VA computer spaces in multiple phased, concurrent, and rolling projects directly supporting each consolidation location.
The Contractor shall perform the following tasks, which may require the use of GFE (Government Furnished Equipment).
- Apply industry best practice project management techniques to support data center consolidation activities. Follow guidance from consolidation project planning documents. Provide feedback for project plans to increase efficacy in follow-on consolidation activities.
- Conduct and/or validate documentation on all VA IT equipment hardware (servers, virtual hosts, storage devices, switches, firewalls, etc) within the datacenter using a combination of logical and physical tools and methods.
- Document the physical configuration of the data center and all equipment, hardware, furniture and similar within the space.
- Document the logical configuration of the data center and how networks provide WAN and LAN connectivity to users in the administrative building.
- Coordinate network capacity performance testing on networks for remote operations; make appropriate technical recommendations to the consolidation program to satisfy user needs in the future operating environment.
- Identify appropriate target environments for relocation of IT services to target operating environments. Conduct business, contracting, and technical coordination to implement approved IT service migrations.
- Provide technical representation of supporting contract task orders necessary to support consolidation project activities.
- Conduct technical and non-technical project coordination meetings with stakeholders.
- Maintain project documentation.
- Modify, create, and close out support agreements to meet consolidation operational intent.
- Supervise supporting contract operations to meet consolidation operational intent.
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific/technical discipline, plus ten 10 years’ experience. 8 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- Interpersonal communication
- Technical communication
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of implied tasks and interdependencies
- Integration of complex data into consistent, organized data sets using standard office software
ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.