Job Requisition:508 Compliance Analyst
Leidos is seeking a 508 Compliance Analyst to work with our Federal client in Arlington, VA. This is a direct, full-time position supporting Veterans Affairs.
The successful candidate will act as the Section 508 Compliance Analyst and will support a team that performs 508 compliance on a variety of websites and documentation. This position will work with the Design Team, Product Owners, Scrum Masters and Developers to define and build features for the new Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM) application experience. As part of the team, you would:
• Assist client organizations to assess, diagnose and help rectify digital accessibility issues on existing and new solutions, providing ongoing monitoring and progress reports ensuring Mobile and web accessibility compliance over time.
• Use online web accessibility tools or program to help determine if web content meets accessibility guidelines as defined by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, 2.1.
• Analyze the vendor generated Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT™) to map the section 508 standards of the information and communication technology (ICT) products such as software, hardware, electronic content, and support documentation to ensure they conform to the Revised 508 Standards for IT accessibility.
• Proactively communicate and collaborate with customers and other cross-functional teams to analyze information needs and functional requirements, and communicate requirements to development teams.
• Support efforts to test the client’s solution for accessibility and usability compliance.
• Section 508 testing will focus on sight impairment issues using the tools like Andi, Object Inspector 32, Web Accessibility Toolbar (WAT), Job Access with Speech (JAWS) or similar tool.
Initially, primary responsibility of the position will be to identify developer guidelines to support Section 508 and prevent usability problems; create a process for identifying potential compliance issues and documenting issues in user stories for prioritization by the client for resolution; and pro-active testing for Section 508 compliance for functionality available to end-users.
- Requires BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience and practiced skills with 508 Compliance/Accessibility testing
- 2+ years of practiced skills with general software testing (Functional, Regression and Integration)
- Leadership skills in documenting, presenting and liaising with different organizational groups and levels and/or clients
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
- Experience in collaborating and interacting with other functional testing team
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Ability to learn very quickly and share knowledge with other team members
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to multi-task, organized, ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment, and very detail oriented
- Existing VA PIV and VA GFE
Additional Preferred Skill Requirements:
- Knowledge of 508 accessibility testing techniques and remediation tools
- Experience with VPAT analysis, conformance to accessibility standards and implementation.
- Experience with 508 tools such as JAWS, PAW, WAT, Ferret, Narrator, or Common Look (or others)
- Experience working with Federal Government projects
- Experience with Agile delivery
- Experience with automation test tools such as Selenium (Java)
- Experience with ALM and other project repository tools.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis1000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.