Job Requisition:DevOps Engineer
Leidos has a career opportunity for a DevOps Engineer, a mid-level multi-discipline engineer, in Charlottesville, VA to support a critical modernization effort for our customer. A small amount of telecommuting/telework is an option.
We are looking for engineers eager to build reusable Infrastructure as Code (IaC) to manage and provision cloud data centers. Our technology stack centers on Python, Bash, and Powershell for scripting with Puppet or Ansible for configuration management. Our emphasis is on supporting the integration of new cloud-native technologies into the infrastructure across multiple programs.
• Maintain baseline program IaC in Git Repositories
• Support various project teams working with Azure, AWS, VMware, and Docker
• Provide expertise and ownership for IaC efforts supporting test-driven development
• Contribute in occasional demonstration, meetings, and webinars
• Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
• Demonstrated understanding of TLS roll-out, including CA and Trust-Chain configuration
• 2+ years of professional software engineering experience using Java, Scala, C++, or Rust
• 2+ years of experience with Bash, Python, Ruby or Powershell Scripting
• Ability to obtain a SECRET Clearance
• Ability to obtain CompTIA Security+ certification within 60 days
• 2 + years of network administration, including the configuration of DNS and DCHP
• Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem, particularly Accumulo, Kafka, and Zookeeper
• Prior experience using or maintaining asset generation pipelines for Unity or Maya
• Prior experience with NMap/Zenmap, Metasploit, or other security assurance tools
• Prior experience with the design and deployment of PKI-enabled infrastructure
• Prior Experience with Apache NiFi
• Experience with OpenCV or other computer vision frameworks
• Prior open-source contributions, especially on larger projects
• Active Secret Clearance
• Current CompTIA Security+ Certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.