Job Requisition:Software Programmer Analyst (Consulting Employee)
Leidos has an opening for a part-time (approximately 13 hours per week) Software Programmer consultant to provide O&M support for the USDA FOCUS reporting for all of NFC’s mainframe legacy applications. The position will be located in New Orleans, LA.
The programmer will be responsible for:
- Performing all work according to NFC Directives, Standards, processes, and industry best practices.
- Performing all changes in accordance with NFC’s Change Management process.
- Maintaining and update as needed access and master file definitions for all FOCUS defined IDMS and DB2 applications.
- Performing access and master file definitions updates as required at the time of any logical database change to support a defined application, and there is an anticipated one or two of those per year.
- Performing access and master file definition removal at the time of application decommissioning, and there is an anticipated one or two of those per year.
- Writing Focus application support code for existing applications.
- Maintaining NFC’s online legacy FOCUS application, which supports its mainframe interactive screens. These mainframe screens provide online FOCUS report execution in addition to creating and submitting our user’s batch report JCL. These application screens also establish ISPF editing sessions, create zip files for downloaded report generation, and provide FOCUS data dictionary listings.
- Updating FOCUS field listings, as required, at the time of any logical database change.
- Supporting user run-time reporting issues and provide research and/or resolution documentation to internal support organizations as necessary.
- Maintaining approximately five COBOL programs that call internal IDMS and CA Top Secret security routines to verify user access prior to report submission.
- Coordinating with government staff when FOCUS testing is needed for infrastructure upgrades.
A Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of relevant experience are required. However, additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
At least two years of experience supporting the USDA FOCUS application.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Consult Emp2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.