Job Requisition:Sr. Security Specialist
The Logistics and Mission Support within Leidos, Inc. has an immediate job opening in Alexandria, Virginia for a senior-level Security Specialist to contribute to a program supporting the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) Cost Assessment and Program Evaluation (CAPE) Joint Data Support (JDS).
- The Security Specialist will be responsible for implementing and providing guidance to customers and management on security issues such as security education, classified document control, security investigations, classification control and personnel clearances.
- Duties may include studying, investigating, preparing reports and/or recommendations for preventative or corrective actions in areas requiring specific expertise.
- Candidate will maintain the capability to provide administrative support for the TS/SCI facility.
- Support requirements which arise during the course of normal activity, which require J8 technical and analytical support.
- Provide conference/symposia support to include war games to facilitate or present at meetings, seminars, symposia, workshops, working group meetings, and off-sites. Support includes facilitation (contractor to provide facilitator), presentation, and participation as a subject matter expert, as well as, desktop computer operations, processing requests, scheduling, arranging for facilities, preparing materials to include read ahead materials, and recording and producing after action reports as well as post-forum reports and briefings.
- Provide TS/SCI suite security management support which includes security training, storage, handling and disposal of classified materials, security administration, and other security issues as they arise.
- Security specialist will independently navigate complex problems, must have a willingness to learn new techniques and accomplish tasks through self-study.
- Requires a minimum active DoD Top Secret Clearance (or higher) and the ability to obtain a TS/SCI Clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Operations Research, Mathematics, Science, Technology or other related discipline and 8 years of related experience (additional experience may be substituted for degree)
- Must have a knowledge of the Department of Defense Instruction 5200.01; DoDI 5200.01.
- Strong experience and understanding of security management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Military experience
- Excellent analytic and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment and demonstrated leadership skills
- CompTIA security plus certification
- Initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Project management skills
- Planning and organizational skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.