Job Requisition:THAAD Technical Trainer
Leidos Defense group is seeking a THAAD Technical Trainer for Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) program in support of the THAAD Instructional Division at Fort Sill, Oklahoma. The Leidos training team mission includes the creation, review, and revision of training products such as Lesson Plans, POI's, Multimedia Presentations, and Test Bed databases for the customer as well as operator maintenance on all tactical equipment assigned to the THAAD Instructional Division.
The selected candidate will serve as a Primary Instructor/Course Developer for the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) 14E Course in accordance with Task and Skills Analysis curriculum development regulations. Instructional responsibilities include THAAD component overviews, system/sub System operations, THAAD functional operations, THAAD maintenance procedures and THAAD tactical operations for the Tactical Control Assistant crew position. The selected candidate should have knowledge of encryption devices and communications systems used within Air Defense operations. Operational knowledge of how to properly employ THAAD or similar Air Defense systems. Understand Air Defense principals and how they apply based on the theater of operation. Conduct Course Material Development and Validation as directed. Schedule training activities and coordinate facilities usage with government representatives. The selected candidate may be assigned to instruct additional subjects outside of the 14E course as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of prior relevant experience. Military experience will be evaluated and can substitute for a degree.
- Four years’ experience in the specific MOS 14E and one year of THAAD background experience. 14E candidates without THAAD experience but with at least 8 years of service may be considered for the position based on experience relevant to the job description. Applicants without a 14E background may be considered based on relevant prior military experience or direct experience with the THAAD system.
- All THAAD experience shall be within the last five years.
- THAAD specific training examples:
- 14E TFCC RADAR OPERATOR/MAINTAINER Course.
- THAAD TFCC NET, RADAR NET, BSC NET training certificates.
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with all MS Office software.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with US Army military and government personnel at all levels.
- The selected candidate must possess a valid state Driver’s License and be able to obtain both a commercial driver license (CDL) and a military driver's license. The selected candidate will be required to transport and maintain tactical equipment.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. The successful candidate may be required to work overtime and non-standard shifts as necessary.
- CFD-IC Certified
- SATBC Certified
- ASE-SI Certified
- SCTC Certified
- Blackboard Certified
- Class A CDL
- Air Defense Master Gunner
- Certified Air Defense Artillery Instructor within the past 5 years.
- Requires Secret level clearance.
- Air and Missile Defense Experience in Integration and Engagement Operations.
- Experience and Knowledge of US Army Air and Missile Defense operations.
- Experience in a joint AMD operational environment.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technical Trainer1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.